need 2.2 turbosim help

rveee

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
hello all,
ive done the hasty and rather idiotic thing of upgrading my 3g 16gb iphone to 2.2. and now im stuck. see, im no iphone technician and i couldnt have told otherwise. i bought my iphone in dubai, and brought it to the uk entrusting the turbo sim i was supplied by a local phone repairsman. now it just sits there, showing me the infamous "plug into itunes" logo and no matter how many factory resets ive applied, it makes no difference. i recently saw 2.2 turbosims on ebay and purchased one. but i dont think itll make a miraculous difference, as i get the excruciating feeling it wont make a difference to the persistent emergency calls only screen i have. do you guys think otherwise? is there a way out of it ? heres the link for this item : New Version Turbo Sim Card Unlock All iPhone 3G v 2.2 on eBay, also, Other Mobile Phone Accessories, Mobile Phone Accessories, Mobile Home Phones (end time 30-Dec-08 06:22:51 GMT)

Ive heard of people downgrading their firmware/baseband, but ive also heard of people having trouble with it, so i didnt want to risk it, in case i dig myself deeper. please help, ive blown my christmas bonus on this phone, and really cant afford to lose it. the person who gives me the effective response will get a ?10 help accepted paypal transfer, not bribing, but this is how urgently iw ant to resolve this phone fiasco. ive paid over ?500 getting it.

thanks and regards
rav

Robbie#IM

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
iPhone 2.2 Recovery Solution

I have a solution for your iPhone problem, I also updated to 2.2, but now I have my phone back to working. If you need it let me know. As I cannot PM you, due to having only 3 posts.

Robbie#IM

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
The method I use is a proxy SIM unlock device. You can easily find these for sale on ebay, and elsewhere. At first it was doubtful whether or not they work, but for my iPhone it does allow me to use it's cellular phone function, without the data connection. It's a tradeoff, though worth it for the mistake of updating to 2.2 too soon.

Let me know if you don't find a SIM proxy that works, I can sell you one from where I am.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2