QUICK--About to install..

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Am I starting fresh? I will obviously not be able to install a backup unit it, so I will lose al apps, correct? I will then have to go to my app store and redownload them. Or....will my phone restoree with all apps once it boots up and i sign in with my iCloud?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Depends on how you're installing... If you're installing the ipsw from the Dev portal - it will be a full, fresh install and you'd have to sync to reinstall apps and media and restore a backup for user settings and user data... If you're doing the Public Beta - that isn't a full wipe...

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
To all--I did the Public Beta--maybe we should have a forum for that--or link it to me! I just started posting/reading in the iOS9 one, sorry!

Public beta is just like updating your phone...it put all of my apps back on, my background image, all settings, and even my health info (I believe because I last backed it up, although on my computer, encrypted).

I haven't run into any issues yet. Actually I did--I was on phone, and it wouldn't turn the screen back on when removed from my face...but when I did it a second time (phone to head, then away again) it showed up.

It's all good!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2