With the unveiling of Apples updated notes app does anyone think it will be able to take on Evernote? I know that Evernote is available for multi platforms but for iPhone users, do you think it will replace Evernote or whatever note taking app you have on your iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 05:32 PM
    Take over Evernote? No, I don't think so. Having said that, more people may find it more useful for short-term quick note use.
    Antron likes this.
    06-09-2015 05:41 PM
    I had Evernote for a while, but couldn't get used to it. I use the stock notes app and Box Notes. If you have Box, and haven't tried the Notes feature, you should try it.

Antron likes this.
    06-09-2015 08:22 PM
    A lot of notes I take have sensitive information so I just use 1password for those.

Pretty much anything else I just jot down in the Apple Notes app. I've tried Evernote in the past but I felt overwhelmed.
    Antron likes this.
    06-09-2015 08:31 PM
    I am loving the new notes app. It may replace Evernote for me. A little too soon to tell.
    Antron likes this.
    06-09-2015 08:34 PM
    Is it true the new notes app will have a "check list" feature? Also, can you share notes with others, like a family share feature perhaps?

06-09-2015 09:10 PM
    Honestly I like the new Notes app. Not sure if it's ready to replace the '2Do' app but it's definitely a good start.

06-10-2015 11:46 AM
    I don’t think it will be an Evernote killer, no. However, it was in desperate need of these features. I attempt to stick with stock apps whenever I can, and this will most definitely help.
    06-11-2015 08:44 AM
    The more I play with it the more I like it. Finally I can cut and paste a document into notes and it retains its format. It's much less cluttered than Evernote and I do like it better than one note already. Great Job Apple! Now make reminders more useful
    06-11-2015 11:14 AM
    Evernote still does several things that the new Apple Notes does not. Specifically, it can automatically OCR attached PDF's (or any file) and be able to search within attachments for keywords. Additionally, the other features such as Web Clipper, Scannable's integration into Evernote, etc are matched only by OneNote in this regard (though I like Evernote's versions better). Then there's the fact that Evernote is cross platform as well.

For casual notes with images/links, i.e. on a more casual level, I could see Notes replacing Evernote for some users just because of the first party integration. Definitely not a replacement for power users, though.
    Just_Me_D and TechnologyTwitt like this.
    06-12-2015 01:58 PM
    Evernote still does several things that the new Apple Notes does not. Specifically, it can automatically OCR attached PDF's (or any file) and be able to search within attachments for keywords. Additionally, the other features such as Web Clipper, Scannable's integration into Evernote, etc are matched only by OneNote in this regard (though I like Evernote's versions better). Then there's the fact that Evernote is cross platform as well.

For casual notes with images/links, i.e. on a more casual level, I could see Notes replacing Evernote for some users just because of the first party integration. Definitely not a replacement for power users, though.
    Well-stated...
    06-12-2015 02:02 PM

Very good point.

06-12-2015 02:07 PM
    The only reason why I would continue using OneNote is that I can lock my notes with a password if I want to. I've not heard of a similar feature in the new Notes app. I will most likely use Apple's Notes app once I have iOS 9 back on my phone and El Capitan on my Mac's, but for now I'm sticking with OneNote.
    06-12-2015 02:52 PM
    I heard that the new Notes.app has the ability to create folders. Anyone with the beta able to let me know if this is true?
    06-12-2015 05:33 PM
    I heard that the new Notes.app has the ability to create folders. Anyone with the beta able to let me know if this is true?
    Yep.
    Attachment 83169
    Antron likes this.
    06-12-2015 05:36 PM
    Yup. I'm going to like the update 🏾

06-12-2015 05:48 PM
    Nice feature!
    06-12-2015 06:42 PM
    If only it wouldn't count against your free gigabyte limit. Then I'd certainly use it over OneNote.
    06-12-2015 07:10 PM
    I have always used the regular notes app. As above for anything sensative I use 1Password.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-12-2015 08:02 PM
    So no ability to save Web clippings?
    TIA
    06-12-2015 08:29 PM
    I look forward to seeing the notes app when it's released, but I doubt it will be useful enough for me to switch from OneNote. We will see.
    06-12-2015 09:10 PM
    If there is a desktop companion app, then I will take a look. If not, nope.
    06-14-2015 08:04 AM
    If there is a desktop companion app, then I will take a look. If not, nope.
    The OS X El Capitan Notes app has similar updates like the iOS one.
    06-14-2015 09:07 AM
    Honestly I like the new Notes app. Not sure if it's ready to replace the '2Do' app but it's definitely a good start.

Probably because the NOTES app is a NOTES app and not a TODO app... maybe probably.
    usedberry and Coachbulldog like this.
    06-14-2015 10:11 AM
    I don't think the new Notes app will ever replace the calendar app...
    usedberry and Coachbulldog like this.
    06-14-2015 10:12 AM
62 123