Jailbroken iPhone 6 Plus will not sync to anything, why?

ctm159

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Jailbroken iPhone 6 Plus will not sync to anything

I plug my phone into my computer and it doesn't recognize it as a device in iTunes.

It may be important to note that I am on a jailbroken version of iOS 8.1.

It also won't be recognized in my car's USB audio slot. It doesn't recognize my device as a phone.

The cable is not the issue, I've tried multiple.

How can I fix this problem? Keep in mind that I cannot restore via iTunes because my device is not recognized through it.

Last edited:

ctm159

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Jailbroken iPhone 6 Plus will not sync to anything

I thought it was obvious enough that this was not the issue. I've tried several cabls and the cable works with charging. Tried a different PC as well.

Last edited:

Pirate Arr

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Interesting. Could be cable you never know. That's usually the case. Could be because of jailbroken but my own iPod touch 5 on 8.1.2 jailbroken works fine and is recognized on iTunes. Could be cable or even a bad tweak installed?

Posted via the iMore App on my iPad Air or iPod Touch 5

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Have you installed iCleaner Pro app from cydia? If yes, did you play around with the app iCleaner turn on and off settings in there?
It could be a cydia app that is restricting the device to sync with iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctm159

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Have you installed iCleaner Pro app from cydia? If yes, did you play around with the app iCleaner turn on and off settings in there?
It could be a cydia app that is restricting the device to sync with iTunes.

yes, what settings would restrict syncing? or should completely removing the tweak fix the problem, if it is the issue?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for the late reply. Open up the iCleaner app, tap the + sign in the lower left corner, then tap on "cydia substrate addons" turn ON everything in the list there. Reboot the device then connect to your computer and it should now sync.

JBnoob

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I know its been a couple months since the last post, but i am having the same issue. Recently updated everything, which included icleaner pro. My phone will charge from wall and usb, but will not be recognized. I uninstalled and reinstalled icleaner, made sure everything was turned as as you said. Turned the phone off and on and still will not connect. Iphone 6+ version 8.1

bang09

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Having the same problem. Tried multiple cables. Tryed connecting to both PC and MAC. Only able to charge from wall....

I have a iphone 6 Running jailbreak on IOS 9.0.2

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem. Tried multiple cables. Tryed connecting to both PC and MAC. Only able to charge from wall....

I have a iphone 6 Running jailbreak on IOS 9.0.2

Open up iCleaner pro then tap on the plus sign on bottom left. Then follow these screen shots.
7e384d5d8272d680a77b13f79b21daee.jpg
aa3f61d8a4c3ee2f832a0edb46ea5d1b.jpg
105aab57582bf7b9d0f0870a137efb68.jpg
bdc2f7f5e5aa8946accc5dda6de27255.jpg
e35055a2ee526f5f1f2bf6f2350bc169.jpg

After turning on those specific settings, let iCleaner reboot the device.

lolol1212

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi, thanks for suggesting a solution.

I had the same and is driving me crazy. I tried your soloution while I was connected to iTunes on my macbook. I follwed the steps in your screenshots, however my "acessories daemon" option was already on. Regardless I decided to turn it off and turn it back on. When I did that, adn the phone rebooted, for hte firs time in months it my phone appeared in my iTunes for a split second.

However once it restarted it was gone again. I thought it was iCleaner Pro causing the issue, I removed the application but still nothing.... Im sure on of the cydia tweaks are hindering with the daemon.. Now which one.... that is another mission