Has anyone else experienced issues downloading apps from the App Store?

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have only noticed this happening since updating to iOS 8, and it has happened often enough to become annoying:

When I decide to downloan an app, I tap the "FREE" box (or the box that has the price). It then turns to the "INSTALL" box. Now, when I tatp it again...it goes back to the first box (free or price). It's just a vicious cycle, and I can never actually download the app! And it never gets to the point that it asks me for my finger print or iTunes password.

At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the app size and not being on wifi, but every time that has happened the app would start to download and then a message would pop up stating that the file is too big and needs to be on a wifi connection to complete.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? I don't know if I am missing something or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a device with Touch ID, but otherwise, I am able to consistently download apps without any issues, and I am running iOS 8 (8.1 beta 2, to be exact).

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have only noticed this happening since updating to iOS 8, and it has happened often enough to become annoying:

When I decide to downloan an app, I tap the "FREE" box (or the box that has the price). It then turns to the "INSTALL" box. Now, when I tatp it again...it goes back to the first box (free or price). It's just a vicious cycle, and I can never actually download the app! And it never gets to the point that it asks me for my finger print or iTunes password.

At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the app size and not being on wifi, but every time that has happened the app would start to download and then a message would pop up stating that the file is too big and needs to be on a wifi connection to complete.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? I don't know if I am missing something or not.

The only thing I can think of is if you are not touching it on the right spot. I've had that with ios 7 where you have to touch the right spot to download the app.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't help, just wait for iOS 8.1. Or for now. You could turn on auto app updates in settings. For new downloads, you'll have to wait for 8.1 if you can't get it to work.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Not touching the right spot was the first thing I thought of, but that wasn't the case.

I've tried the hard reset too...but no luck. I will just wait it out. It's not that big of a deal...most times I can go back later on and it will work...it's more just annoying than anything else. Oh well, thanks for the replies!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2