I have a cellular iPad 2 and ever since the iOS 8 update, the device no longer connects to the 3G network.

It works if I urn it off and on again (flight mode doesn't work) but it only lasts for a couple of hours before displaying 'No Service' again in the top left corner. It never did that on previous OS iterations at all.

I see from the Apple Support forums this is an issue others have experienced - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6560628

Has anyone else experienced this and/or can provide any assistance please?

I'm sure I saw something on here about this but for the life of me I can't find it.

Is iOS 7 still being signed? If so I could potentially roll back but this would have to wait until tomorrow.
    09-29-2014 07:02 AM
    I have a cellular iPad 2 and ever since the iOS 8 update, the device no longer connects to the 3G network.

It works if I urn it off and on again (flight mode doesn't work) but it only lasts for a couple of hours before displaying 'No Service' again in the top left corner. It never did that on previous OS iterations at all.

I see from the Apple Support forums this is an issue others have experienced - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6560628

Has anyone else experienced this and/or can provide any assistance please?

I'm sure I saw something on here about this but for the life of me I can't find it.

Is iOS 7 still being signed? If so I could potentially roll back but this would have to wait until tomorrow.
    iOS 7 is not being signed anymore (window closed on Saturday @ 9am EST)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-29-2014 07:17 AM
    iOS 7 is not being signed anymore (window closed on Saturday @ 9am EST)

Oh well, thanks for the info.

I wonder what Apple will do if I take this into a store. I absolutely need the cellular connection for my iPad, it's the reason I bought it in the first place.
    09-29-2014 08:12 AM
    Oh well, thanks for the info.

I wonder what Apple will do if I take this into a store. I absolutely need the cellular connection for my iPad, it's the reason I bought it in the first place.
    I would take it in just to hear what they have to say about it.

09-29-2014 09:50 AM
    Yarp, if I get the chance tomorrow, I'll do it. Hectic week this week though as I'm away from home working
    09-29-2014 01:11 PM