I rely on reminders and the reminders widget daily. Since iOS 8 the widget is not working properly. It displays my reminders, then when I complete them all for the day, the widget disappears from the notification center. Even if I manually remove it and re-add it, it doesn't show up. I have to restart the phone before it will show again. This is true even if I open and close the reminders app, etc. Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes?

Please tell any Apple developers you may know. BTW, yes, I have already submitted this as a bug report on the Apple website.
    09-20-2014 09:23 AM
    I rely on reminders and the reminders widget daily. Since iOS 8 the widget is not working properly. It displays my reminders, then when I complete them all for the day, the widget disappears from the notification center. Even if I manually remove it and re-add it, it doesn't show up. I have to restart the phone before it will show again. This is true even if I open and close the reminders app, etc. Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes?

Please tell any Apple developers you may know. BTW, yes, I have already submitted this as a bug report on the Apple website.
    I haven't used widgets at all, but I know that it's a huge draw for a lot of people. I'm sure there will be an update in the next few days. Apple is really good about taking care of bugs right after a release.
    09-20-2014 09:28 AM
    Thanks. I hope your right...I've relied on this widget since it came out years ago.
    09-20-2014 09:43 AM
    This has been broken for ages, I was hoping that iOS 8 would fix it.

Sadly not!
    09-21-2014 05:25 PM
    The issue that I have with reminders is that when I open reminders, it takes forever to load and display my reminders. After it finally loads, its frozen and I can't add/change or edit anything. Reminders is an app that I rely on more than any other app on my phone. I decided to do a complete reset and back up from iCloud. That fixed the problem for a day but then my 5s was acting buggy so I powered off then back on again. The reminders are back to NOT WORKING AGAIN.
    Anyone else experience anything like this?
    09-25-2014 04:45 PM
    Thanks. I hope your right...I've relied on this widget since it came out years ago.
    It just came out with iOS 8 on the 17th. Did you mean the Reminders app?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-25-2014 04:54 PM
    I had exactly the same problem, but I was able to fix it by following these steps:

go to settings > icloud > turn on reminders

done^^

hope it works
    12-04-2014 11:47 AM