What don't you like about iOS 7?

Suryo Pras

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
When I was using 4S, hate the icons.

Now with 5C, I love the icons! And default wallpaper of my blue iPhone looks gorgeous :)

Sent from my iPhone

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I thought ios 7 was supposed to sync deleted notifications??? Either way it doesn't seem to or if it does it doesn't always do it because I find myself deleting things I've already deleted on my phone.

It was mentioned during the iOS7 / Mavericks kickoff in June.
Nothing yet
Good Luck

TRoss

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I remain disappointed that a swipe up brings me to the rarely used (but nice to have) control center. I want a toggle to be able to swipe up for multitasking and use the home key for control center instead. I wish they had ripped off of card view functions from webOS, like being able to rearrange cards but not having them rearrange themselves based on recent use. With those improvements, I could finally not get misty-eyed for webOS while using my iPhone or iPad.

RxRex

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to add:

5.) Notification Shade: I really don't understand the purpose of an "All" + "Missed" sections to notifications. The "missed" portion is never displaying any useful info. In fact, it's almost never populated for me.
6.) Alarm issues - not sure if this is an iOS issue. I bought the alarm app RISE and the alarm never goes off. I'm not sure if I'm in perpetual comatose every time I set the alarm or if it's simply defective. I switched to setting alarms on the iOS clock and it too wouldn't go off until I restored my 5s. I assume the RISE issue is just the app. I assume.

Outside of these issues, iOS has been pretty great coming from the trenches of Android loyalty.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I remain disappointed that a swipe up brings me to the rarely used (but nice to have) control center. I want a toggle to be able to swipe up for multitasking and use the home key for control center instead. I wish they had ripped off of card view functions from webOS, like being able to rearrange cards but not having them rearrange themselves based on recent use. With those improvements, I could finally not get misty-eyed for webOS while using my iPhone or iPad.

I would have loved having up swipe for multitasking. I keep trying to do it out of habit. A setting would be nice. I'm going to spend some quality time with my Pre3 now. :')

saint67

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Previously I was able to access the iPod functions in locked mode simply by pressing the home key twice quickly. Now I have to unlock the screen, type in my password and then pull up the control center.

Way too many keystrokes... And while driving, hard to control my podcasts.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Previously I was able to access the iPod functions in locked mode simply by pressing the home key twice quickly. Now I have to unlock the screen, type in my password and then pull up the control center.

Way too many keystrokes... And while driving, hard to control my podcasts.

There is an option of allowing control center to be accessed on the lock screen in settings -> control center:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385762685.933027.jpg

Then all you have to do is pull up from the bottom on the lock screen similar to home screen. I'm not sure how well it will work with other apps that play audio though.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

viobruin

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I can understand Apple not offering new features - i.e., the ability to set third-party apps as default applications - but to take away features that were already there is inexcusable to me.

My number one gripe is the new notification center and, specifically, the inability to see all-day calendar events in it. I just cannot understand what the justification was in taking this feature away. Many people's jobs rely on all-day calendar entries - i.e., deadlines to complete specific tasks and projects. Or even simpler, how about just wanting to remember when someone's birthday is? (Assuming that person is not a Facebook friend). Either give me a useable calendar in notification center or take it away altogether. Again, Apple used to include a useable calendar in notification center! I am simply dumbfounded as to why Apple removed this feature and why more people aren't upset by it. If they don't fix it by iOS 8, I'm going to have to switch to a different platform.

Other gripes with the new notification center are the removal of the old weather widget and stock ticker. Why did Apple take something so simple and useable and turn it into something attenuated and clumsy? Sigh ...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Like before, no Google search from home screen, barring except from Sri, and absolute waste of space of a folder system on iPads. Other than that, I think it's overall a really slick looking interface.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't like that the fact that you can't set location based reminders using Siri and that if you kill the reminders app from the background, reminders don't work.

I always have reminders pop up, and I never leave it on in the background. Are you referring to geofences?

massie19

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Why does Apple people behave like dictators and forcing me to a software I do NOT like, it's my iPhone and I bought it at an insane price and I have the right to choose which software to use on my phone, they should create an option to revert in case people dislike the latest,,,
We miss you Steve Job
Probably if he's still alive a junkie 7.0 software won't get the "go ahead"

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't like that there is no option to add twitter and Facebook quick post to my notifications. That was something I used on iOS 5 when I was jailbroken, and loved that they included it in iOS 6. Now I'm stuck going into an app, waiting for it to load, just to post an update.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll preface this by saying that I use iOS7 only on my Mini, so perhaps some of the functionality of iOS7 is lost by not using it on an iPhone...

what I dont like about iOS7:

1. notification center. simply a waste of space that you cant' customize
2. lack of customization for the control center. Should call it the semi-control center
3. forced lack of zoom in or out when trying to scale an image to use as a wallpaper...
4. notification center. what is so special about this? I just can't figure out why this is so popular. I must be missing something. I have a calendar event (which is a three day event) but my 'notification center' says I have no events scheduled for tomorrow. fail!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
1. Too much white. I almost dread when apps get redesigned for ios 7 or basically whited out. The UI was made even worse. At least we got a few useful features thrown in though like control center.
2. Laggy multitasking taskswitcher. If you're going to rip off Palm, then do it better, not worse.
3. Notification center. Still pretty close to useless
4. Photo app got worse.
5. On the ipad, it's a worse experience than iOS 6. Lag, stuttering, uses more RAM, can't rely on multitasking because of constant refreshing. It's a shame considering the ipads experienced great hardware changes.

All in all, it's a bad year to upgrade to 64bit hardware/software in the first attempt (although the touchID on the 5S is quite good and perhaps the best reason to upgrade if you do). This is a good year actually to bypass buying an iOS device and wait til iOS 8 refines a lot of this.

I returned a 5S and finally both new ipads. Sticking with last year's 32bit experiences. But on the positive side, I did pick up a rMPB 13" for my first Mac. That's definitely a much better experience and what feels like a much better value vs a current ipad.

iOS 8 along with doubling the resolution resulting in larger screens will be interesting. Next year will be very important for Apple.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
1. Too much white. I almost dread when apps get redesigned for ios 7 or basically whited out. The UI was made even worse. At least we got a few useful features thrown in though like control center.

I agree with you here, there is entirely too much white in iOS 7 now

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i don't like how it takes longer for the lock screen to show up when i wake up my phone. i feel like it used to be almost instant and now i feel like it takes a good second for the lock screen to finally show up

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i don't like how it takes longer for the lock screen to show up when i wake up my phone. i feel like it used to be almost instant and now i feel like it takes a good second for the lock screen to finally show up

Mine is instant, but I'll pay closer attention to it to see if I notice what you've been experiencing.

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you two I actually found the "tap to post" in notification center rather useful. The Facebook app it's self is beyond slow trying to launch the app much less posting anything. I also miss the way weather was displayed in Notification Center. I've always found it frustrating how there was never a way to scroll to the bottom of the page the same as it is to get to the top.

I'm with you on the weather displayed in Notification Center.

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll preface this by saying that I use iOS7 only on my Mini, so perhaps some of the functionality of iOS7 is lost by not using it on an iPhone...

what I dont like about iOS7:

1. notification center. simply a waste of space that you cant' customize
2. lack of customization for the control center. Should call it the semi-control center
3. forced lack of zoom in or out when trying to scale an image to use as a wallpaper...
4. notification center. what is so special about this? I just can't figure out why this is so popular. I must be missing something. I have a calendar event (which is a three day event) but my 'notification center' says I have no events scheduled for tomorrow. fail!

I love the concept of Control Center but the implementation is lacking. There are functions in it that I just don't use and I would love to be able to change them to my personal preference.

Seems to me that Apple always lacks behind in this area. Look how long it took them to give you the ability to put on your own ringtones for notification. That being said I'm sure this will eventually come.