iOS 7: Favorite New Feature?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I see a few people have stated that they like the today view. What makes it so special? If it showed my daily calendar events/appointments like iOS 6 I could see it but in its current form, not so much.

It also shows my days items, reminders etc...but what I REALLY miss from this new set up is it doesn't show the all day items that were scheduled in my cal anymore.

Other than that, I do enjoy the 3 views the noti center offers with iOS7 :)

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I like it that turning on/off do not disturb takes fewer steps now and that I can see the photos of my favourite contacts under favourites :)

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The ability to finally be able to throw Newsstand into a folder I've named 'Junk Drawer' - along with the Stocks, Game Center, Safari, Maps, Passbook apps already there. Useless but undeletable apps.

Oh, and the ability to Block a phone, iMessage or Facetime caller from within the iOS.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess it would have to be swiping left and right in safari to go back/forward. Although I wish it was a little more sensitive on my ipad because sometimes it just bounces back.

That would be my most used new feature at least, and I still sometimes forget and find myself poking at arrows like a schmuck.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess it would have to be swiping left and right in safari to go back/forward. Although I wish it was a little more sensitive on my ipad because sometimes it just bounces back.

That would be my most used new feature at least, and I still sometimes forget and find myself poking at arrows like a schmuck.
Shoot, I've yet to even really use those swiping gestures!

Chrysalis1156

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Love the control center. So easy to toggle wifi or do not disturb on or off. And I have to admit (a little sheepishly ;)) that I have way too much fun double clicking the home button and swiping my apps closed. Still very happy with iOS 7. :)

Ventus221

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would have to say I have 3 I love equally the most, The Multitasking (Webos esq), page in page for folders, and Safari's epic redesign.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That flashlight in control center really is helpful getting things together in AM to take into another room so as not to disturb the Mrs while I prepare for work.

Hashtag happy wife happy life :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 was revealed and was even demoed for quite a few of its features during the 2013 WWDC. You had all these months to read about it and see how it looks. I guess my advice to you is that when a new iOS (or any OS) comes out, you should wait a bit and read the reviews about it or something, instead of just updating it and hoping that you won't regret it updating.

Wow really? it was demo'ed months ago? Whaaat? and I didn't know about it? Oh man, how the heck did i miss that!? Yeah, I know that... My reply to you would be that reading about it, and seeing demos and other people's insight is no substitute for actually running the IOS. So after the beta's came out and people I know and respect here on iMore ran the Beta, and commented on the good, bad, bugs, etc. it was only after all this and consideration that I decided to update my Mini - i didn't "just" update and hope i liked it.. seriously?

Let me ask you.... do you run IOS7? Did you update or buy a phone/ipad with iOS 7 installed? If you updated, did you love everything about it even before you were able to run it and check out all the features? or are you one of those users that reply simply on what others say about it and what you read..

I for one decided to update because there were compelling features about the IOS that I wanted to check out and experience first hand- something you cant get by reading or waiting.. So I took the plunge and updated. Oh and I didn't jump on the IOS7 bandwagon "just because" like some people do

PreJamison

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Love: swipe gestures back/fwd; multitasking; control center; transparency; swipe down to search; safari.

Not like: no list view of ALL my appointments for the day in TODAY view; doesn't always give me a current temp in NC (eg. "the high today was" really useless when I want the current temp); clicking home while in multitask view should take me home not back to previous app; clicking home should take me home not to folder view; and finally, I should never have to wait for animations to finish before I can make my next move.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've begun using the back gestures a lot more often and I am really liking not needing to reach to the for left corner to go back. It's actually a lot like blackberry10 which I'm quite used to. Hopefully in due time this is something more devs will adopt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2