Security issues

gamergurl89

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My mom has had nothing but problems with her iPhone 4S since the update. She refused to get an iTunes's account and I told her it's so she can update her phone, she doesn't use the phone for apps and such. She's not a tech savy person in the slightest. Basically for texting and calling is her limit. Anyways, she ended up having to get an iTunes account, although never verified it via email, she got an email within a week of updated to ios7 and saying someone used her account to FaceTime and download an app but, she never did so someone is using it.
I told her to change her password, still kind of lost on the whole I verified account.
She got a text today saying her bank app has been suspended once again, she doesn't use apps. I walked her through deleting her account over the phone hopefully this puts a hault to it but, was wondering if anyone knows anyone else going through weird similar stuff. The whole unverified account but someone using it besides her just makes zero sense to me..
Any tips or whatever would be great. I guess she doesn't need an iCloud account technically.
I told her she's basically stuck calling apple..

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Frequently asked questions about Apple ID

When you create a new Apple ID or make certain changes to your account, Apple will require you to sign in by following the link in a verification email. This is to help protect your identity and keep your account secure. Some Apple services, such as FaceTime and GameCenter, require email validation.

Simply follow the link in the verification email that says "Verify Now." Sign in with your current Apple ID and password, then click Verify Address. You can also verify by signing in at My Apple ID. You'll receive an email prompting you to verify.