Only 9 icons in a group displayed at a time??! Waaaaah!!

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Is there way around this limitation?

Why force us to scroll, with so much glorious screen real-estate still available?

Apple really failed this usability testing....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's change... give it time to get used to it... or, find another device and OS that you like better, and use that...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there way around this limitation?

Why force us to scroll, with so much glorious screen real-estate still available?

Apple really failed this usability testing....

There is no way to change the 9 icons per folder page at this time. Perhaps that is something that will change in the future... or perhaps a jailbreak solution will evolve after iOS 7 jailbreak appears, But for now, that’s the way it works.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
any more and there wont be much space around the folder to tap and get back to the home screen. at least they finally let us put more than 9 in there!!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
any more and there wont be much space around the folder to tap and get back to the home screen. at least they finally let us put more than 9 in there!!

...or 12 if you have the iPhone 5 or 5th gen iPod touch...

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) using Tapatalk - now Free

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
It is a shame to see that expanse of empty space wasted on an iPad screen and have to scroll 3 times to get to an icon. Apple dropped the ball on this aspect of design and usability.

IMO (in case I need to make that clear).

One should be able to discuss the merits and demerits of any feature without being told to "love it or leave it".

I understand that complaining here achieves nothing. Except to see if others feel the same way or have any workaround.

I do plan to send a suggestion to Apple through their feedback page.

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So far this is my only issue with 7. Although minor, I don't get it. I love being able to have more than 12 apps per group (like it was in 6), but I hate just 9 showing at once. I'm forced to swipe to get to the other "3" apps. Not a huge deal, but it would be great to get back to how many showed at once like in ios6.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
For those who don't like this send feedback to Apple. I would like to have more icons displayed at a time also but maybe they will change this in the future. Also they should not remove the number of apps in folders back to what it was because you now have less folders. Currently I am thinking maybe just one more row at current icon size might be workable?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most websites don't allow their moderators to be [Redeacted]. Not so here.

Kch50428 stated the following:

It's change... give it time to get used to it... or, find another device and OS that you like better, and use that...

With that in mind, "give it time to get used to it" is arguably being supportive. In addition, his statement "or, find another device and OS that you like better, and use that" is giving the OP an alternative if he or she cannot or will not get used to the 9 icon limitation. Either way, his reply was not rude like yours was.

sassy lou

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Jail breaking is the only option to customization. I wish Apple would find some customers to test on before they release this stuff. Especially since they are changing sizes of their screens now. Im sure they can find 200 good and reliable productive critics in the "real" working world...not in their cushy Apple world.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2