Changing Back to ios 6 from ios 7

cameron_barter

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
today I tried out the new beta ios7 software on my 4s and It was good but I wanted to change back to ios 6 and went to go to reset all of my phone and did so, when I plugged my phone into iTunes to restore from backup my phone said activation error and said that this device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program and now my phone is stuck on the page and is unusable and I cannot even restart a new phone and it has been picked up by iTunes but says the same thing on my computer as my phone Please someone help me with this issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like your a unauthorized user of the beta program. This will get you back to iOS 6.

DFU

1. Turn the iPhone ON

2. CONNECT it to the dock

3. Make sure iTunes is open so you'll know when it enters DFU mode

4. HOLD the Power button AND the Home button for 10 seconds

5. RELEASE only the Power button and continue to hold the Home button

6. WAIT until iTunes recognizes the phone in recovery mode and then restore.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
today I tried out the new beta ios7 software on my 4s and It was good but I wanted to change back to ios 6 and went to go to reset all of my phone and did so, when I plugged my phone into iTunes to restore from backup my phone said activation error and said that this device is not registered as part of the iphone developer program and now my phone is stuck on the page and is unusable and I cannot even restart a new phone and it has been picked up by iTunes but says the same thing on my computer as my phone Please someone help me with this issue.

as stated above, a DFU restore should get you back on ios6. and in the future, if you are going to use beta software when you refuse/havent read the release notes or warnings, it would be good to do a little more research first. if you did a little more reading, you wouldve found out this was going to be an issue that was expected and would have been prepared for.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2