iOS 7 Wont Let Me Connect to WiFi

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have my router setup in a way so all my iOS devices each have an assigned IP address to their MAC address and since doing that I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem with my device as well. My wife also have an iPhone 5 on 7.02 and hers had no problems. I would enter the password to my network and it would just give the wheel spin next to the network with no message indicating failure as well as not connecting. Of course I did the whole reset network stuff, forget network and readd. Didn't work. And I wasn't rebooting my router because all my other devices connected just fine. So I noticed the IP address it was assigning to my device was not in the string for my router. Not sure why. So I manually entered the network information then rebooted the phone and boom, it connected. I changed it back to automatic DHCP just for kicks and it grabbed it's own IP address within my routers string and now works fine. So I just wanted to offer that as a solution to anyone still having issues.... try to manually add your network information. You can go to your router settings and checkout the main IP address and range.

RobinOfTheUS

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to 7.0.3 and now I cant use wifi. the icon doesn't switch over to on. it just stays off. ive reset network settings reset my phone and everything. even rebooted my router about 6 times. no matter how hard I swipe it doesn't move to WiFi ON
any advice? I just got this phone brand new yesterday too on 10/26/2013 so it shouldn't have any problems.
any help?
:straight-face:

Van Nguyen3

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
my phone(4S) is also unable to join the network after I upgraded to ios 7.0.3. I have tried to reset the network, reset all setting, turn on/off my router and my phone. But it doesn't work. I am very dissapointed now. Any help, any advices? Thank you.

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Is your wifi toggle greyed out?

If it's greyed out it's a hardware problem , I work on apple devices all day and when we come across this issue at work, not even hardware component replacements fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victoria Cavazos

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
i have an ipod 5th generation, and the internet was working fine on all devices such as my computer laptop my siblings phones and my sisters ipod which is a 4th generation, while i was using my ipod the internet stopped working this usually happens alot and it usually always comes back if you refresh safari? so i tried that and i thought it was that problem so i turned on my computer and everything seemed fine google was on and my siblings were using the wifi perfectly expect my ipod? i checked settings and my ipod seemed to have logged me out of my internet network and wont seem to let me back in i tried almost everything like reseting the network settings turning off my ipod typing in my wifi password slowly, when i type in my password it pops out saying "incorrect wifi password" then i click join a second time and it says "unable to join" idk what else to do???

PLEASE HELP :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i have an ipod 5th generation, and the internet was working fine on all devices such as my computer laptop my siblings phones and my sisters ipod which is a 4th generation, while i was using my ipod the internet stopped working this usually happens alot and it usually always comes back if you refresh safari? so i tried that and i thought it was that problem so i turned on my computer and everything seemed fine google was on and my siblings were using the wifi perfectly expect my ipod? i checked settings and my ipod seemed to have logged me out of my internet network and wont seem to let me back in i tried almost everything like reseting the network settings turning off my ipod typing in my wifi password slowly, when i type in my password it pops out saying "incorrect wifi password" then i click join a second time and it says "unable to join" idk what else to do???

PLEASE HELP :(

Check to see if you have enough spaces available in regard to issuing IP addresses in your Wi-Fi router's menu. If your IP address are dispensed manually, make sure that you and those who share the internet connection are not using the same IP address. If you have access restrictions via the router, make sure that your IP or MAC address is listed with the ones who have access. Finally, try resetting your network settings via your iPhone's settings (Settings - General -Reset - Reset Network Settings), but be sure to write down the Wi-Fi passcode first because you will need to re-enter it afterwards.

jdubb810

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
hi all. i know i'm a year late and a new ios system ahead of this original post. but i'm at work with my iphone 6 and it just wont connect to the wifi here. it'll connect everywhere else just fine except here. it accepts my password for the network but then just has the spinning wheel as its trying to actually connect to the network. doesn't say it fails or that it connects at all. and we've reset the router here at work, in addition, everyone else's phone connects just fine to our wifi. i've tried everything...resetting network settings, renewing the lease, forgetting the network, soft reset the phone...and nothing works. i dont think its a problem with our internet or wifi because everyone elses' works...wondering if anyone can help me here?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2