Can't open ics files on wife's phone

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.3

We are both using Google CalDAV. When I send my wife an invite, either from my EAS calendar (work) or my Google calendar from my iPhone, she receives an email with an ics attachment that will not open. Her actual calendar app does not receive any notification.

Anyone have any idea what's gone wrong?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What you are experiencing coincides with the issues discussed HERE. It 'appears' that it does not work via the CalDav method, but I cannot say for certain.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Silly question, but is the invite going to her gmail account that is set up under Calendar? I did a quick google search and I haven't found anything quite like your issue.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
What you are experiencing coincides with the issues discussed HERE. It 'appears' that it does not work via the CalDav method, but I cannot say for certain.

Good find. I had searched the web, but didn't find that. It appears that my wife is not alone, although it seems Google has really mucked this up. Funny thing is that I have her calendar in my Google calendar setup (as a shared, view-only). When I send her an invite, it shows up on my phone as being on her calendar, even though she can't accept or view the invite.

Silly question, but is the invite going to her gmail account that is set up under Calendar? I did a quick google search and I haven't found anything quite like your issue.

Yep. Definitely going to the correct email account.

I'll keep an eye on that Google page for any updates. Thanks.