I finally used passbook today

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Nah, don't feel like a douche, I have used mine before to scan coupons from like Michael's' App, or with Groupon...no big deal, its 2012, THIS IS HOW WE DO!

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was cool how my Walgreens card popped up on my lockscreen when I got to the store

when you added it to passbook, did you allow it to pop-up when you get to a location? when I added my starbucks card I said no to that option. wasn't sure if that was going to drain the battery more if it is tracking my location.

i see that being useful when you go to the theater though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning key Ring, this app is great. I can't believe I just came across it. Will try it as soon as possible

You're very welcome. Hopefully, you will find it useful...:)

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Yes, I agree

Ok, hang on......You were successful at S&S? I always go to the self checkout and it wouldn't read my code - I tried quite a few times before I gave up and broke out my key card. Now also I was at CVS this weekend, and instead of using my cvs app, I used the one in KeyRing, the clerk had the gun and it still wouldn't scan. I reverted to my cvs app at that point.

I don't know about Shop&Shop and I've never heard of it. As for CVS, I have never had a problem using the keyring app there and I've used it at CVS stores in both Florida & here in North Carolina. Don't have a problem using it at Food Lion, Best Buy, Lids, The Vitamin Shoppe and a couple of other places either. I guess I've just been lucky...:)....Anyway, give it another try and see what happens.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You're very welcome. Hopefully, you will find it useful...:)

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I don't know about Shop&Shop and I've never heard of it. As for CVS, I have never had a problem using the keyring app there and I've used it at CVS stores in both Florida & here in North Carolina. Don't have a problem using it at Food Lion, Best Buy, Lids, The Vitamin Shoppe and a couple of other places either. I guess I've just been lucky...:)....Anyway, give it another try and see what happens.

D, nice to see you!! you've been MIA the past few days lol.

As for KeyRing, yes indeed I'm gonna give it another go-I really do like the app and would love to be able to utilize it as long as it can scan for me next time:) *crossing my fingers*

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
D, nice to see you!! you've been MIA the past few days lol.

As for KeyRing, yes indeed I'm gonna give it another go-I really do like the app and would love to be able to utilize it as long as it can scan for me next time:) *crossing my fingers*

:)...I decided to take a break from the iMore forums yesterday and although I was tempted to login on several occasions, I forced myself to stay away. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to be helpful that I forget to help myself...lol...Anyway, I'll be peeking in periodically throughout the day. I still have things I need to do here at home. In the meantime, you take care and have a safe & pleasant day, my friend...;)

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
So I've tried passbook a few more times this last week. Mixed success of course. The douchieness continues just to a different extent now. I've figured out how to make it look natural to use my iPhone now, now I feel like a douche when it doesn't work. Haha nothing is more embarrassing than pulling your phone out all slick like and it not working. The people behind you just stare as you hold the line up to dog your keyring out of your pocket. My wife is seriously kill me if I try to use it again in her company, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)...I decided to take a break from the iMore forums yesterday and although I was tempted to login on several occasions, I forced myself to stay away. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to be helpful that I forget to help myself...lol...Anyway, I'll be peeking in periodically throughout the day. I still have things I need to do here at home. In the meantime, you take care and have a safe & pleasant day, my friend...;)
thanks, same to you:) and i also need a break from here myself....i've getting too wrapped up being here the past few days myself. I'll "try" to curb myself this weekend because i have plenty i want to accomplish around here. lets see how that goes:p LOL.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I've tried passbook a few more times this last week. Mixed success of course. The douchieness continues just to a different extent now. I've figured out how to make it look natural to use my iPhone now, now I feel like a douche when it doesn't work. Haha nothing is more embarrassing than pulling your phone out all slick like and it not working. The people behind you just stare as you hold the line up to dog your keyring out of your pocket. My wife is seriously kill me if I try to use it again in her company, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had a problem whipping out my smartphone to display a rewards card at a retailer, especially in Orlando. I mean, it is so common. The few people who did stare was like, "Oh that's neat. What is the name of that app?" I'd tell them, they'd thank me and that's it.

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This morning I went to starbucks - hoping that Passbook would work - pulled into the parking lot. Walked in - no notification. Am I doing something wrong? I have notifications set on it. I have Target & Starbucks items in Passbook app.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This morning I went to starbucks - hoping that Passbook would work - pulled into the parking lot. Walked in - no notification. Am I doing something wrong? I have notifications set on it. I have Target & Starbucks items in Passbook app.

In settings under privacy then location services, is passbook on? i had the same problem at a walgreens and i had that disabled.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

But did it work when you opened it to pay? I have location services off for passbook.

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
But did it work when you opened it to pay? I have location services off for passbook.

I didnt even bother, since it didnt notify me. I just used my regular card. I also forgot to say that I have set my favorite locations within the Starbucks app already.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77