Not me. I've been using the Keyring app for a while, even when I had my Android devices, so I'm used to displaying my cards via my phone. Besides and as you've stated, the store clerks are used to it, especially at CVS, Best Buy, GNC & Food Lion.
    Thanks for mentioning key Ring, this app is great. I can't believe I just came across it. Will try it as soon as possible
    10-02-2012 11:08 PM
    You have to sign up for their rewards program using the app and then you'll have the option to add it to Passbook.
    FINALLY!! I didn't realize you had to sign up for their rewards program. I do have an online account with them but I didn't think the rewards program was separate.
    10-03-2012 02:23 AM
    Hey thought id share this. I got an update to an app it's called Valpak it's an app that gets coupons to business in your area there update was for integration with passbook. I found some coupons and there was a button to add to passbook and it added the coupon to passbook. Might want to try it out see how it works for you guys if you want to use passbook.
    10-03-2012 05:57 AM
    I just downloaded Keyring. Have yet to try it, but I am happy (granted this is the only time ill probably say this) that for the first time my wallet is lighter now lol.
    10-03-2012 03:30 PM
    Starbucks updated tonight to include passbook. I'll have to try in out tomorrow! Sadly tho its my only passbook app.
    10-03-2012 11:33 PM
    Today I finally got to use passbook. It was with a Walgreens rewards card but it worked flawlessly, and my entire purchase was saved to my Walgreens account. Very handy.
    The only issue I had was I felt a little like a ****** pulling my phone out to have my card scanned but the cashier didn't even bat an eyelash. This will be very handy if it ever becomes widely adopted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can't wait to use it!!!
    10-04-2012 12:29 AM
    just downloaded a starbucks app and i added up in my passbook... it works!

btw i am using iphone 5
    10-04-2012 12:56 AM
    just downloaded a starbucks app and i added up in my passbook... it works!

btw i am using iphone 5
    How u add it ?
    10-04-2012 01:45 AM
    I tried using it last week by going to Target, and it was a complete failure. As I parked I was expecting to get a notification, but didn't. I did my shopping and I let the cashier scan the coupon but the discounts didn't apply. So the employee just entered the discounts manually. I'm hoping I have better success tomorrow at Starbucks
    10-04-2012 03:03 AM
    I just downloaded Keyring. Have yet to try it, but I am happy (granted this is the only time ill probably say this) that for the first time my wallet is lighter now lol.
    I also just dlwd'd KeyRing last week, and put 8 cards into it. I tried using 2 of them this past weekend, and it wouldnt work i was sooo bummed! So, for me unfortunately that didnt work out - i've put this app on the backburner for now. Oh well!
    10-04-2012 08:42 AM
    I also just dlwd'd KeyRing last week, and put 8 cards into it. I tried using 2 of them this past weekend, and it wouldnt work i was sooo bummed! So, for me unfortunately that didnt work out - i've put this app on the backburner for now. Oh well!
    A lot of stores have the old red laser which will not read the bar code off the phone. Only place I was able to use keyring is toys R us. Wish stores would upgrade to optical lasers.

via Tapatalk
    10-04-2012 09:50 AM
    I'm finding the same thing however they can always key in by hand I suppose. Also, I hear having a screen protector can affect it?
    10-04-2012 10:18 AM
    I use keyring in Stop&Shop religiously I tried it in my gym.... no good, my gyms scanners are old probably outdated Stop&Shop picks up code immediately. And as far as feeling ******' I was in CVS other day motorcycle guy in full regatta, boots, chains, pony tail pulls out his key chain with his little CVS card on his keyring trust me he would have looked way cooler with an iPhone!!!!!!!!!!
    10-04-2012 10:26 AM
    A lot of stores have the old red laser which will not read the bar code off the phone. Only place I was able to use keyring is toys R us. Wish stores would upgrade to optical lasers.
    via Tapatalk
    Yes, I agree

I use keyring in Stop&Shop religiously I tried it in my gym.... no good, my gyms scanners are old probably outdated Stop&Shop picks up code immediately. And as far as feeling ******' I was in CVS other day motorcycle guy in full regatta, boots, chains, pony tail pulls out his key chain with his little CVS card on his keyring trust me he would have looked way cooler with an iPhone!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, hang on......You were successful at S&S? I always go to the self checkout and it wouldn't read my code - I tried quite a few times before I gave up and broke out my key card. Now also I was at CVS this weekend, and instead of using my cvs app, I used the one in KeyRing, the clerk had the gun and it still wouldn't scan. I reverted to my cvs app at that point.
    10-04-2012 10:33 AM
    I'm finding the same thing however they can always key in by hand I suppose. Also, I hear having a screen protector can affect it?
    Idk, I've had the CVS app for about a mth now, and never had a problem scanning with my phone with the screen prot I have on it. But I had a prob with KeyRing. Idk.
    10-04-2012 10:35 AM
    Starbucks has been added and I am now in the world of PassBook too
    10-04-2012 10:37 AM
    Nah, don't feel like a ******, I have used mine before to scan coupons from like Michael's' App, or with Groupon...no big deal, its 2012, THIS IS HOW WE DO!
    10-04-2012 10:38 AM
    How u add it ?
    In the Starbucks app on the gift card page you will see manage. It's in there to add to passbook. If you have more than one card you have to do them individually.
    10-04-2012 10:41 AM
    I thought it was cool how my Walgreens card popped up on my lockscreen when I got to the store
    when you added it to passbook, did you allow it to pop-up when you get to a location? when I added my starbucks card I said no to that option. wasn't sure if that was going to drain the battery more if it is tracking my location.

i see that being useful when you go to the theater though.
    10-04-2012 11:09 AM
    Thanks for mentioning key Ring, this app is great. I can't believe I just came across it. Will try it as soon as possible
    You're very welcome. Hopefully, you will find it useful...

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Yes, I agree

Ok, hang on......You were successful at S&S? I always go to the self checkout and it wouldn't read my code - I tried quite a few times before I gave up and broke out my key card. Now also I was at CVS this weekend, and instead of using my cvs app, I used the one in KeyRing, the clerk had the gun and it still wouldn't scan. I reverted to my cvs app at that point.
    I don't know about Shop&Shop and I've never heard of it. As for CVS, I have never had a problem using the keyring app there and I've used it at CVS stores in both Florida & here in North Carolina. Don't have a problem using it at Food Lion, Best Buy, Lids, The Vitamin Shoppe and a couple of other places either. I guess I've just been lucky.......Anyway, give it another try and see what happens.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-04-2012 11:27 AM
    You're very welcome. Hopefully, you will find it useful...

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:22 AM ----------

I don't know about Shop&Shop and I've never heard of it. As for CVS, I have never had a problem using the keyring app there and I've used it at CVS stores in both Florida & here in North Carolina. Don't have a problem using it at Food Lion, Best Buy, Lids, The Vitamin Shoppe and a couple of other places either. I guess I've just been lucky.......Anyway, give it another try and see what happens.
    D, nice to see you!! you've been MIA the past few days lol.

As for KeyRing, yes indeed I'm gonna give it another go-I really do like the app and would love to be able to utilize it as long as it can scan for me next time *crossing my fingers*
    10-04-2012 11:40 AM
    D, nice to see you!! you've been MIA the past few days lol.

As for KeyRing, yes indeed I'm gonna give it another go-I really do like the app and would love to be able to utilize it as long as it can scan for me next time *crossing my fingers*
    ...I decided to take a break from the iMore forums yesterday and although I was tempted to login on several occasions, I forced myself to stay away. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to be helpful that I forget to help myself...lol...Anyway, I'll be peeking in periodically throughout the day. I still have things I need to do here at home. In the meantime, you take care and have a safe & pleasant day, my friend...
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-04-2012 11:52 AM
    So I've tried passbook a few more times this last week. Mixed success of course. The douchieness continues just to a different extent now. I've figured out how to make it look natural to use my iPhone now, now I feel like a ****** when it doesn't work. Haha nothing is more embarrassing than pulling your phone out all slick like and it not working. The people behind you just stare as you hold the line up to dog your keyring out of your pocket. My wife is seriously kill me if I try to use it again in her company, haha.

10-04-2012 11:53 AM
    ...I decided to take a break from the iMore forums yesterday and although I was tempted to login on several occasions, I forced myself to stay away. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in trying to be helpful that I forget to help myself...lol...Anyway, I'll be peeking in periodically throughout the day. I still have things I need to do here at home. In the meantime, you take care and have a safe & pleasant day, my friend...
    thanks, same to you and i also need a break from here myself....i've getting too wrapped up being here the past few days myself. I'll "try" to curb myself this weekend because i have plenty i want to accomplish around here. lets see how that goes LOL.
    10-04-2012 12:20 PM
    So I've tried passbook a few more times this last week. Mixed success of course. The douchieness continues just to a different extent now. I've figured out how to make it look natural to use my iPhone now, now I feel like a ****** when it doesn't work. Haha nothing is more embarrassing than pulling your phone out all slick like and it not working. The people behind you just stare as you hold the line up to dog your keyring out of your pocket. My wife is seriously kill me if I try to use it again in her company, haha.

I have never had a problem whipping out my smartphone to display a rewards card at a retailer, especially in Orlando. I mean, it is so common. The few people who did stare was like, "Oh that's neat. What is the name of that app?" I'd tell them, they'd thank me and that's it.
    10-04-2012 04:51 PM
54 123