BUG: iPhone 5 Resolution Wallpaper?

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
After updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 I decided to add a few iPhone 5 resolution 640 x 1136 wallpapers to my photos on my iPhone. I copied the wallpapers (.jpg) into a folder on my PC and sync'd that folder via iTunes like I have always done. When I went into my Photo's app on my iPhone I noticed that particular folder showed a thumbnail with a thin light blue line down the left hand side of the thumbnail in the album view before you actually tap on the album to open the images.

I tried moving it up the list and it still remains, I even tried deleting the photo cache and that didn't help. I got my new iPhone 5 and hoped this might go away with a new phone but it still shows a light blue line for sync'd images of 1136 x 640 resolution! I've played around with it and if I save them in my camera roll then the line doesn't appear! to clarify the line appears as soon as you tap on the photos app and it displays you camera roll and sync'd photo albums and only appears for the thumbnail within this first screen! Doesn't matter which image is displaying in the thumbnail as I even downloaded one off the web and that still had the blue line!

Can someone else test this for me please?

You just need to sync a photo folder that only contains a 1136 x 640 iPhone Resolution Image/Background then go into Photos and see if there's a thin blue line along the left of the album thumbnail?

It's driving me nuts! If I place an image of 1500 x 1500 into the folder on it's own then the thumbnail is fine...it just seems to appear when it's 1136 x 640 resolution only in that folder and it must be sync'd via itunes rather than stored in your camera roll...

Thanks!!!!

I've attached a screen grab of what I'm talking about! I've blurred out my other album thumbnails for obvious reasons but on closer inspection it seems there's a blue outline to the entire bottom thumbnail! doesn't matter which image you use just make sure it's 1136 x 640 and it's sync'd via itunes folders....

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep! Plus I've tried just having one image in that folder and it's still the same! it wasn't until I took that screen grab and zoomed in to noticed the blue line isn't only on the left but a complete outline of the thumbnail! I'm sure it's a bug but wanted someone else on iOS 6 to try it out and tell me if they have the same issue?

All you need to do is copy this image into a folder on its own and then sync that folder via itunes with your iPhone running iOS 6 and then see if the thumbnail displays with the blue border?

Attachments

• Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 28

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Can someone just try and put the black background above into a folder on it's own and sync it with their iphone via itunes and then see if the blue border appears around it in the thumbnail view for me please? Just need to know if it's something at my end or a bug that will be fixed...

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed that every thumbnail that has been sync'd via itunes has this blue border. If you open an album on your iPhone that has been sync'd via iTunes from a folder located on your computer then take a screenshot and then open that image and pinch to zoom in you can see all the thumbnails have this blue border round them.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Jus an update incase anyone else has this issue in the future, nobody could be bothered to test this or reply so I erased all the content on my iPhone and restored from an iCloud backup then synced my photos via iTunes and the problem no longer exists. It's clearly a bug of some kind and I've found one other person with the same issue about a year before this using iOS 5 and an iPhone 4 so it's not iPhone or iOS specific........good luck if you get this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2