Mail Continuously Keeps Checking - Never is Updated

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I've search a few pages and did not see anything about this so I posted it. I apologize if it's a duplicate. After updating to iOS6 my mail is never updated. It continues to check for mail. I have four mail accounts set up. Before the update it would check for mail and then show it's status as Update with the time. Is anyone else experiencing this? I have left the mail app open while on my wi-fi connect for 30mins and it never updates. In the past my mail would update in a few moments on wi-fi.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Frank
32 GB 4S

StephenBB81

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried resetting up each email account?

I've found iOS6 checks more frequently for mail updates, than iOS5 did, but have not experienced any slowdown in getting my mail,
though my iPad3 with iOS5 does notify me before my iPhone4S with iOS6 does and it used to be hit or miss which was first

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Tried that and it did not work. It will update my in boxes but it just keeps cycling/updating and draining the battery if I leave the app open.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I got it working. It was my Yahoo mail account causing the issue. I had deleted the account and set it up again. All is good now. Thank you!

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this issue on my iPhone 5. It keeps telling me that it can't locate the server. My gmail accounts are fine. It's the yahoo accounts.