Syncing keyboard shortcuts on iOS 6?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I haven't actually ran iOS 6 on my iPad and iPhone simultaneously since the beginning of July. I remember my keyboard shortcuts syncing without me having had to do anything. I've been running it simultaneously now for a few days and my shortcuts aren't syncing. Is anyone having this problem? Or if I'm doing something wrong....

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I saw Seth Clifford on twitter say they did sync. Not sure if he had to do anything. Try reaching out to him

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So I installed the GM on each device. Clean installs. Fresh without using a backup. Shortcuts still don't sync. Who the hell knows why. I give up. Hopefully it'll eventually work.

AMVMommy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I've got a 4S with the iOS6 and the shortcuts don't work. I added a new one and they worked until I turned the phone off and now none work again. Tried doing a hard reset and deleting and adding the shortcuts back in, but no luck. I'm a heavy user of these and hope we can get it fixed soon. Thanks!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine are syncing iPhone 5 and iPad. I only had my 4s for a day or two on ios6 and I started new anyway but so far mine are.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

jb_bryant

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It worked before I got an iPhone 5 and decided to not restore. iCloud is set up with documents and data in the settings turned on. I've tried just about everything but it still doesn't sync with my iPad. And I have like 30 shortcuts.

smpbits123

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine use to work perfectly and now stopped. Tried saving in settings again...uffta! :b. Still doesn't work.
What is GM?

Last edited:

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine use to work perfectly and now stopped. Tried saving in settings again...uffta! :b. Still doesn't work.
What is GM?

It stands for "Gold Master" aka the final production version of a software/firmware. This is identical to the final or the 1st (general) public release. You may have heard of software "going gold" meaning a final build of the code has been selected and finalized, designated to be released to the public. Microsoft uses the synonymous term "RTM" or "release to manufacture".

Code progression typically goes:
Alpha, beta, RC (release candidate) which there can be several of (RC1, RC2)? then once they hit a point where they feel a RC version is free of any show stopper bugs, and is stable and fit for public release, an release candidate officially becomes the final release.

Gold, final, production, RTM, GP (general public) and on and on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2