iOS 6 = Awesumeness

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
While I agree iOS could use a major overhaul in the UI department don't expect it anytime soon. And by soon I'm talking a few years.

Apple makes a mass consumer device that it's so simple to use most kids, grandparents, and anyone else not good with tech can pick it up and feel at home almost instantly. There is no way Apple will throw a monkey wrench into this. Look at their computer OS and the subtle changes it's made over the years. That is exactly what we will see with iOS. You won't see any drastic changes in a short period of time. Rather these small refinements each version that is released.

Some will get bored, including me from time to time, others won't. Just the way things work I suppose.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
and this is exactly why i laugh when people say they are waiting to see what Apple has up their sleeve for the next iPhone before they make their decision to leave. my theory is just leave now, you will not be happy in the end - again

but yet most stick around anyways. weird phenomena

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Not trolly at all. Just voicing my displeasure that Apple continues to release mediocre updates to iOS. Is it your belief that Apple can do no wrong, that Apple is above criticism of any kind? If no one questions the course that Apple is taking then Apple has no reason to innovate. Apple's new slogan should be "Mediocrity: It Just Works."

Sent from somewhere

If I wasn't happy with a OS as I was with BB, I wouldn't use it anymore. But maybe that is just me. Sounds like iOS isn't for you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thankfully for people who are so disgusted by the way iOS has remained consistent...there are other phones for them to own and enjoy. iOS is awesome in my opinion, and I've done my time with an EVO, would not even consider going back if someone bought a Galaxy S for me over purchasing a new iPhone myself. Different strokes for different folks...

Could Apple afford to add some new toys to iOS to please the users who are bored out of their minds? Sure! But why cater to that niche? The sales of their products with iOS prove that people are satisfied with it (just like OSX on the macs)...i would hazard to say that iOS is the contemporary way of doing a phone UI, and if you want radical, move over to an Android platform or Windows Mobile...that said, it's very apparent that contemporary is just fine for most, and you're really not even locked into that, once jailbroken, i can have anything the android phone does on my iPhone (visually and UI layout wise).

Bottom line...iOS offers a consistent and simple UI for those that want it, and those that want to step out of that are as close as a jailbreak. Wan't gizmos and gimmicks out of the box without the need to do all that? Buy an Android based phone and knock yourself out.

igodidog

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
This is not intended to provoke any arguments, I'm on iPhone4S and also own a Nexus S with Jelly Bean and the only reason I like iOS is definitely not because of it's functions, but more of the sleek design and Apple branding. When it comes to intuitive UI, definitely JB!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is not intended to provoke any arguments, I'm on iPhone4S and also own a Nexus S with Jelly Bean and the only reason I like iOS is definitely not because of it's functions, but more of the sleek design and Apple branding. When it comes to intuitive UI, definitely JB!

I recently used JB on a Galaxy Nexus and between that and iOS, I definitely prefer iOS. I did like JB, it's just that iOS works out better for my needs at this time. With the upcoming release of iOS 6 things can only get better.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What's intuitive about jelly bean?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying it's not a nice setup, i was enjoying playing around with it on my buddies phone the other day...but what's intuitive about it? The word seems to be used a lot and I still try and figure out exactly what people mean by it (based on what "intuitive" actually means).

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have both the Gnex with JB and an IP4s as well. I really like the Gnex.....but I find myself using the IP4s the majority of the time. I own/operate a small biz and find the iPhone to be more reliable and efficient for the daily tasks I perform. That being said....JB is (IMHO) WORLDS ahead of previous versions of Android I have used.

Cheers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2