Well, there is always IOS7 to look forward too.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
But Android just gets their stuff from Apple, so they just brought it back around full circle.

haha yeah apple never copied anything. Samsung and their touchwiz is about the only thing apple can say looks anything like IOS but that's a skin and not true android. Apple has copied a lot more from android than android has from apple.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why people expected a radical update. They have NEVER been that company. Maybe when they were nearly dead in the 90's and needed OS X. Or maybe when they went from power pc to intel. Everyone knows this. OS 7 will probably be the same. Nothing radical. For those who aren't happy, you're free to go wherever you want.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You're right, I don't even see why the new one would need a bigger screen now, for what? Maybe it'll keep the same screen size?

Might as well get a cheap 4S in the fall off contract if you really want to stay with Apple.

The jailbreak devs must be happy, there's no shortage of stuff for them to make money on since Apple refuses to innovate with the iPhone.

If what bgr says holds true and they add lte with the same size battery as the 4s they could be in for some real bad battery life. We expect iPhone 5 to feature a 4.08-inch in-cell IPS panel screen with a display resolution of 1,136 x 640 and 500-nit brightness,? KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo wrote on Wednesday in a note to clients. He also stated that despite the inclusion of a new larger display, Apple?s upcoming iPhone will utilize a battery that is roughly the same capacity as the one found in the iPhone 4S.Apple iPhone 5 Specs: Details emerge on new iPhone display, more

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
lol, i think the entire time i have been a member here you have done nothing except for complain about the iPhone/iOS

surely you had an opportunity, or two, during that time to leave yet here you are. put your money where your mouth is, that will show them?

I have high expectations for the most profitable company on the planet, that claims to have the world's most advanced mobile operating system.

They waited a whole year to put out a total dud, something that should have been a point release, you'll see around the web that most people feel the same way.

And yes, I just looked up the release date for the Galaxy 3, comes out early next month, no more waiting for years hoping Apple adds stuff all other phones have had for years, I'll post some comparison shots once I get it to see if it can take pics as well as my iPhone 4.:)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why people expected a radical update. They have NEVER been that company. Maybe when they were nearly dead in the 90's and needed OS X. Or maybe when they went from power pc to intel. Everyone knows this. OS 7 will probably be the same. Nothing radical. For those who aren't happy, you're free to go wherever you want.

If anything people were expecting a meaningful update, this was just bad, there are glaring holes in iOS that they didn't even try to patch, how dumb is it that even on a shiny new iPhone 5 this fall it will still say it's 73 degrees and sunny 24/7? It's pretty bad when even Blackerry's new OS looks years ahead of Apple's mobile OS!

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank god for jailbreak. The IOS 6 was lame, but they always are. In fairness, I think that we feel that way becuase we are used to all the good things that devs bring the jb community. In my opinion, no IOS will make me happy, because I feel like cydia is always a couple of steps ahead, which is fine with me. Apple caters to a majority, not jb'ers. I understand that, so I'm happy.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If anything people were expecting a meaningful update, this was just bad, there are glaring holes in iOS that they didn't even try to patch, how dumb is it that even on a shiny new iPhone 5 this fall it will still say it's 73 degrees and sunny 24/7? It's pretty bad when even Blackerry's new OS looks years ahead of Apple's mobile OS!

I rely on the notification bar for weather updates, so I don't notice that static icon. As for BB 10, it doesn't matter how it looks, it won't overthrow iOS anytime soon, if ever.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

tumblr_ltsvs9jKOn1r3efiso1_500.gif

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I hear you, what a joke, are they sure this wasn't 5.2??

How do they expect to keep up with the competition?

They didn't update the ui one bit, still the same stale and dated rows of dead icons, no widgets, no notification icon, nada..

Oh but if you don't have a job and sit around posting crap on Facebook all day you're set.

It feels like more and more Apple is turning the iPhone into a dumbphone, nothing they added helps my job at all, the Galaxy 3 looks like it's got ten years on the iPhone with its stuck in 07 OS.:eek:

If it's any consolation, Apple has historically saved one or two "surprises" for the GM/release version over what is shown at WWDC and in the beta releases... there's still hope!

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I don't really see much to warrant iOS 6 over what other OS's have right now.

"The world's most advanced operating system" -- Really Apple? Really?

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It looks like WP8 will have some legs after all. It's funny how this "advanced" OS has new things that Android and WP have had for a while.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
But Android doesn't have the ecosystem that Apple has. I mean, where's Android's laptops and notebooks? Well the icons kind of have to be "static" I mean it's an icon. The fact that the weather app says 73 degrees didn't anything to be mad about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77