Gmail, Hotmail, iCloud or Yahoo? Pick one...

busyoranges

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
1. Gmail
2. Yahoo!
3. Hotmail
4. iCloud

But I'm primarily using Gmail. The best protection from cracking ever (knock on wood!). Watched my account being attacked very persistent recently. The hacker made several attempts for five days. And it looks like he finally gave up. :D

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So you think that Gmail's the best yet you don't use it? :)

1. Gmail
2. Yahoo!
3. Hotmail
4. iCloud

With that in mind, my personal usage is as follows:

1. iCloud (Primary)
2. Hotmail (Secondary)
3. Yahoo! (Fantasy Sports/Junk Mail))
4. AOL (Junk Mail)

Just Me, D

zstairlessone

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Was using my xxx.blackberry.net forever, switched to gmail before switching phones. I like it but am starting to use the icloud more. I think if you asked this a month or more from now it would be cloud first, but for now it is gmail.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So you think that Gmail's the best yet you don't use it? :)

Yes, I do...;)...Now with that in mind, I am not saying that the other email providers I mentioned do not suit 'my needs' because they do and do so quite well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
ISP is my main email.
Gmail
Hotmail

Never tried to access or use my iCloud email. I got gmail for YouTube etc. (google specific stuff) and hotmail is mostly dead so I don't even have it on phone ATM.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If I could only pick one, it would have to be Gmail at this time. I swap phones between an iPhone 4 and Windows Phone, so iCloud won't work for me as my sole personal email/calendars solution. However, I'm starting to like the idea of using my Windows Live account instead due to the integration with Windows 8. So Gmail for now, but open to dropping it like a bad habit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have multiple emails:

2 Gmails- 1 is my main
1 is for web/social networking/& all others that I don't want on my main

1 iCloud - For professional (work) use

I tried yahoo and didn't like it. Had a hotmail for many years but as I grew into the Apple ecosystem, hotmail didn't play nice with it very well. Besides I heard so many rumors of ppl getting their hotmail accts hacked.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
iCloud only

Transferred all my email, contacts and calendar once iCloud was activated. It's simple, works well and I have no problems with it. I have iCloud.com on my PC browsers so I can access my iCloud email from all my computers and devices.

Still have an open Gmail account, which is unfortunately, my Apple ID email (can't change it). It's now essentially inactive. My earlier email was via Verizon. THAT one is constantly flooded with advertising emails - at least 100 every week or so! Not one single private email because I used Gmail for a while. I hesitate to close the Verizon one because it has very good "names" that I can't get any more.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Gmail for email, contacts, and calendar. I tried out iCloud email but viewing on computer is awfully slow so I stick to gmail. Also gmail is universal so if I change OS's it will still work.

Via Tapatalk

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I use 3 google accounts and my iCloud account.

•Main Gmail.com account with 80GB extra storage.

•Personal google apps with our family domain

•Work google apps with that domain

iCloud.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I use my @me address as my private one that only friends and family have. Then I have 2 Gmail accounts that are forwarded to the @me I use for when I sign up to forums such as these or register for stores etc...

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to drum up a great conversation here.

Currently we seem to have four major providers when it comes to email, whether paid or free.

Whether you're an iOS device user or not, which email provider do you think is the best: (in no particular order)

Gmail
Hotmail
iCloud (ME.com)
Yahoo

Here's looking forward to an interesting conversation and banter. :D
iCloud requires you to access your mail from the latest browser, so you might not be able to check your mail on a public device.

I use Gmail, because the interface is great, it has a strong spam filter, and you are able to set up email for your own domain with Google Apps for free (10 users).

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
iCloud requires you to access your mail from the latest browser, so you might not be able to check your mail on a public device.

I use Gmail, because the interface is great, it has a strong spam filter, and you are able to set up email for your own domain with Google Apps for free (10 users).
I want to love iCloud and trust it completely with my .mac account. Trouble is, on the Apple Discussion Forums, there's a 30 page thread on people having issues with their email, such as lack of push, emails disappearing, etc. It's ok but I NEED to feel trustworthy that email will be delivered. I don't get that nervousness with Gmail.

jalba3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
GMail

Previous Hotmail user, however through recent history several devices did not support push/IMAP hotmail. Hence my switch to GMail. Also contacts as an exchange server for various device was another decisive factor. I thought about using iCloud but it would lead to the same issue in the event I use an Android device, or another OS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77