What is this and why did it kill make my phone off

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My phone cutting off by itself is a big deal it should not happen that's why I left android

Is this happening over and over, or did it just hppen once? Have you tried a hard restart on it? Remember these phones are little computers, sometimes something happens that requires a reboot....it doesn't happen often trust me. If it is happening continually, then make a Genius bar appt. at a close apple store and go see them. Either that or just call Apple, they are usually pretty good at trouble shooting over the phone.

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Man that would be awesome to be able to go to a apple store I live in southern Alabama which we affectionately call the pit of hell the closest apple store is 4 hours or 400 miles away but thank you for the advice

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this happened with your android as well? have you been visited by aliens at any point of your life?

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Man that would be awesome to be able to go to a apple store I live in southern Alabama which we affectionately call the pit of hell the closest apple store is 4 hours or 400 miles away but thank you for the advice

How often has it been happening? just once, or continually? and have you called apple yet?

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It happened today the first time just wondering what happened by posting the diagnostic if someone could tell me what happened so I can I know If it was something I did so I can prevent it. And it happens on android if you run custom roms as I did so no aliens

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

People were trying to help you. Thinly veiled sarcasm will not make people want to help you further.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't sarcasm promise people say I talk that way also I am really sorry if it sounded that way I am thankful for any advice I get to the question I asked and again I'm sorry

B

bonesb

It happened today the first time just wondering what happened by posting the diagnostic if someone could tell me what happened so I can I know If it was something I did so I can prevent it. And it happens on android if you run custom roms as I did so no aliens

Your device experienced a kernel panic, the equivalent of a "blue screen of death" on a WinPC, and a panic is what we see on UNIX and Mac OS desktops. It happens. There's more to the data log than you've posted.The panic could have been caused by an app that accessed a resource it's not supposed to or a piece of hardware your iPhone interfaced with (like a USB connector or BT headset or an app that doesn't conform to Apple's Developer's requirements). It could be buggy firmware by Apple. It could be poor network connectivity.

This forum has a lot of really helpful people, don't rank on them, we're here to gripe and help. I resemble that remark. I ported over from BBs, so I'm used to pulling my batteries daily or when an app is installed/deleted. Get in the habit of rebooting your iPhone - it's a smartphone, a scaled-down computer with a network that is there sometimes and not there sometimes (like XP is finicky when it's not talking to a network); since I got in the habit of rebooting my iPhones after an app installation/deletion or about once a day my iPhones don't reboot randomly anymore. YMMV.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My phone cutting off by itself is a big deal it should not happen that's why I left android

Again, it happens. It's not a big deal. Has an engine ever misfired? Has an escalator ever stopped working? Candlestick Park (or whatever the hell it's called now) lost power twice this past MNF game....so it happens.

Last edited:

grimduk

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Your device experienced a kernel panic, the equivalent of a "blue screen of death" on a WinPC, and a panic is what we see on UNIX and Mac OS desktops. It happens. There's more to the data log than you've posted.The panic could have been caused by an app that accessed a resource it's not supposed to or a piece of hardware your iPhone interfaced with (like a USB connector or BT headset or an app that doesn't conform to Apple's Developer's requirements). It could be buggy firmware by Apple. It could be poor network connectivity.

This forum has a lot of really helpful people, don't rank on them, we're here to gripe and help. I resemble that remark. I ported over from BBs, so I'm used to pulling my batteries daily or when an app is installed/deleted. Get in the habit of rebooting your iPhone - it's a smartphone, a scaled-down computer with a network that is there sometimes and not there sometimes (like XP is finicky when it's not talking to a network); since I got in the habit of rebooting my iPhones after an app installation/deletion or about once a day my iPhones don't reboot randomly anymore. YMMV.

Thank you that is good know I will probably start the reboot pattern and again thank you and I wasn't trying to rank on anyone and again I'm sorry if it sounded like that

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2