great, hopefully the reboot will kill what ever may have been running in the background, and after a fresh charge you'll be back up to par.

Oh another thing i thought of also you could try, let the battery run down completely till it shuts itself down and then do a whole fresh charge. That may help too !
    Well the test starts again today,lugged it in to charge and turned it off left it charging all night. So it's been shut off killing any rogue processes. I'm on my way to work with 100% so lets see how fast it drops. I've also decide to remove any apps that haven't been updated since iOS 4 which is only Osfoora HD. Personally I don't beleive in that charge it up run it down, I'm not saying it isn't true I just don't beleive it. I think it's a cop out like people saying "start as new". I also use my iPad hardcore anyway I never charge before 10% battery life and I usually charge it atleast once a month with the power off and my apps cleared. Thanks for the suggestion tho just adding my bias to it.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-17-2011 07:12 AM
    Well the test starts again today,lugged it in to charge and turned it off left it charging all night. So it's been shut off killing any rogue processes. I'm on my way to work with 100% so lets see how fast it drops. I've also decide to remove any apps that haven't been updated since iOS 4 which is only Osfoora HD. Personally I don't beleive in that charge it up run it down, I'm not saying it isn't true I just don't beleive it. I think it's a cop out like people saying "start as new". I also use my iPad hardcore anyway I never charge before 10% battery life and I usually charge it atleast once a month with the power off and my apps cleared. Thanks for the suggestion tho just adding my bias to it.
    np, i like to help when i can as i learn more and more along the way. We all have our methods and things that we're set on doing or trying out, to try to solve what ever issue is going on ATM. What solution works for some, may not work for others.

Either way, we always find what works best for ourselves and sharing that with others at times helps benefit them as well

Once again, good luck with your testing today. Hopefully you'll get better results !!
    11-17-2011 08:42 AM
    Here is my screen shot from last night. it took another hour before the phone shut itself down while surfing the internet.
    11-17-2011 09:40 AM
    np, i like to help when i can as i learn more and more along the way. We all have our methods and things that we're set on doing or trying out, to try to solve what ever issue is going on ATM. What solution works for some, may not work for others.

Either way, we always find what works best for ourselves and sharing that with others at times helps benefit them as well

Once again, good luck with your testing today. Hopefully you'll get better results !!
    I beleive I have actually isolated my problem. The only time I ever browse the web on my iPad is during my train rides. So I went into Location settings and noticed that Safari was one of the apps using location. I'm on 3G and I'm constantly moving between three cities on the way to work. I don't need the location on Safari so I turned the option off. I've rebooted and it's currently charging to full and I'll test my theory later. My very first initial test was on the weekend so no web browsing. We'll see I'll let you guys know.
    11-17-2011 11:37 AM
    I beleive I have actually isolated my problem. The only time I ever browse the web on my iPad is during my train rides. So I went into Location settings and noticed that Safari was one of the apps using location. I'm on 3G and I'm constantly moving between three cities on the way to work. I don't need the location on Safari so I turned the option off. I've rebooted and it's currently charging to full and I'll test my theory later. My very first initial test was on the weekend so no web browsing. We'll see I'll let you guys know.
    Ahhhhhhh !! Maybe that could be the culprit !! I have that setting OFF in my location also, and I've never turned it on.

Ok, so hopefully that was it then !! I'd like to here your update on how that turned out if it solved your problem
    11-17-2011 11:47 AM
    still dropped 8-10% so still no dice but I'm going to run this down and see if it will last 3 days or 1 I'll update.
    11-17-2011 05:54 PM
    11-17-2011 06:03 PM
    This what I am getting. Doesn't seem as good as everyone else?!Attachment 11772
    11-17-2011 11:03 PM

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 11-18-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    11-18-2011 07:24 AM
    For those getting nice long battery life...do you use location services? I had mine off but just turned it on for urban spoon and maps only.
    11-18-2011 09:21 AM
    Had awesome battery life while at work last night! Debating on even charging it for tonight or waiting till tomorrow morning while I'm sleeping too lol. This was with light texting and listening to music a good part of the shift

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-18-2011 09:40 AM
    For those getting nice long battery life...do you use location services? I had mine off but just turned it on for urban spoon and maps only.
    I have all location services turned on, but I use WiFi a lot; I definitely notice much faster battery drain on 3G.
    11-18-2011 11:03 AM
    On all my devices, I leave everything on. I hate having to turn things off, or on, so location services, bluetooth, wifi, etc, it all stays on...

11-18-2011 11:54 AM
    On all my devices, I leave everything on. I hate having to turn things off, or on, so location services, bluetooth, wifi, etc, it all stays on...
    I leave my stuff on accept for when I leave the house I turn wifi off and I dont use bluetooth with anything so it stays off always.
    11-18-2011 01:31 PM
    This is me headed home. I had location services on and I'm happy with my usage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-18-2011 04:35 PM
    I originally used OTA to install 5.0.1. So I did a full restore from backup and iTunes downloaded the full 5.0.1 file and installed. Then I did a reset for my device and finally did a network reset. Charged the phone to 100%. And the results look very good so far. I only lost 10% in 1:47 minutes of usage.
    11-18-2011 06:55 PM

Today's result...I don't believe I am using the phone hard either...mostly texting, email, foursquare check ins (but I close it after i'm done)...
    11-18-2011 10:16 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Today's result...I don't believe I am using the phone hard either...mostly texting, email, foursquare check ins (but I close it after i'm done)...
    Yeah, something's wrong there, unless you were talking on the phone for four hours. Mines about to die, so I decided to take another:

Attachment 11802
    Last edited by ProfessorTripp; 11-18-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    11-18-2011 10:32 PM
    Here is my phone at 49% since I posted this morning at 90%. I have been using the phone to text, browse the net, play words and stream music. 95% on wifi. Notifications on for email every hour, words, text, missed calls, speed channel, nfl, f1, whatsapp. Location on for weather and nav. Vibration off. System services off except cell network search and ping off in restrictions. 5 hours of usage. I might hit 10 hours if this holds.
    11-19-2011 01:09 AM
    Very happy with my battery life this charge :-)

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-19-2011 07:11 AM
    Very happy with my battery life this charge :-)

well **** yeah you should be! what was the majority of your usage? streaming movies? music?
    11-19-2011 08:19 AM
    still dropped 8-10% so still no dice but I'm going to run this down and see if it will last 3 days or 1 I'll update.
    Ipheuria, any update? hows the battery life going for ya since you last posted
    11-19-2011 08:20 AM
    well **** yeah you should be! what was the majority of your usage? streaming movies? music?
    Mostly music with the screen off. A few phone calls texting lightly. I worked two days straight at 12 hour shifts so I didn't get a lot of time to just play with the phone but still great battery life none the less. Still have 25% battery left while typing this. Thinking about not even charging it until tonight lol

11-19-2011 09:35 AM
    Yeah, something's wrong there, unless you were talking on the phone for four hours. Mines about to die, so I decided to take another:

Attachment 11802
    Man that's awesome!! 8 hrs of use and like 2 days of standby!!
    11-19-2011 10:40 AM
    Finally plugged in a little while ago

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    11-19-2011 12:13 PM
481 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD