iOS5 Contact Option updates

asggold

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
After looking through the TiPb article around what has changed in iOS5 I was trying to add the "Related People" to some of my contacts. However, my list seems to only include Spouse, Assistant, and Manager. In the article it showed MANY more options. Where can I find the rest of the list or can you manually add to this list as well?

Thanks!

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Contacts > click one > Edit > +add field > Related People > click the name it shows (mother, dad, etc) and then you can choose from the list they have or click "Add Custom Label".

asggold

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
That is EXACTLY what I did previously but as I mentioned in the original post the only options to choose from under the "Related People" were Spouse, Assistant, and Manager. The mother, dad, child, parent, etc... are not there! Where are they????

Stageleft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I was just trying to figure this out, as well. For me, I'm getting my contacts synchronized via Microsoft Exchange. It turns out that as far as relationships go, Microsoft has limited the fields in Outlook to only: Spouse; Manager; and Assistant.

I just setup iCloud and created a contact in that list and the relationships field had everything you could think of in there. I hope this helps!

Reactions: asggold

asggold

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! That is EXACTLY what I was looking for and it fits with what I am seeing since my contacts are currently syncing through Exchange.

jayes

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Gmail contacts are limited to Spouse, assistant and manager also. I thought I had read somewhere that the update was going to allow for more than 1 mobile, 3 emails etc. Looks like the information is still limited. If someone has more than one mobile number, you sort of have to improvise.. use CAR etc. Or am I missing something?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77