Beta VS 10/12 Release

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If your currently running the new iOS5 Beta GM version, will your device still update when they roll out the final version sometime later today? Or is there another route that would have to be taken to update Itunes and IPhone??

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
OK cool just wondering if it would still send me a prompt to update, cause its been running fine...only issue i have is with the FB app and i noticed reminder alerts are a little off..I

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
YEa thats what i figured first, but i knew some people had issues with the Beta so i just figured even if u wore running a advance beta apple would still make u update..

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
YEa thats what i figured first, but i knew some people had issues with the Beta so i just figured even if u wore running a advance beta apple would still make u update..

As i understand the GM does not expire, it is the exact same ios that the new iphone 4s has.....

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
There is no such thing as GM Beta. Beta than GM. Beta before GM. GM means Golden Master. The version released on October 4th is the same version Itunes will be loading on the 12th and the same version all Iphone4S's have.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think if Apple and everyone else would stop using the term ios5 GM it wouldn't confuse people. But than again when I saw the term golden master I just googled it and all my questions were answered

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You would think it would still ask for an upgrade seeing as the GM is still missing some things. Like "find my friends"......

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think if Apple and everyone else would stop using the term ios5 GM it wouldn't confuse people. But than again when I saw the term golden master I just googled it and all my questions were answered

I couldn't agree more with u on that...Makes everyone guess

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Find My Friends is available in the app store now for free. Or go to www.iCloud.com on your iOS device.

The GM (Gold Master) for software works the same for recording music as well. When we finished a record, we would send the master to the Mastering Engineer and he would send us a Gold Master (GM) of whatever album we sent him. It just means the "final product," which Apple always releases days before it's publicly available for one last run by testers/developers to see if there are any major bugs.

Last edited:

DjEli#WN

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Never mind so far FB apps and other apps are working..There was a slew of updates in the app store and i updated them and then did a hard reset and now its running smooth...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2