Quests. for those who have installed iOS5 already

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Apologies if any of these questions have been addressed already and I was unable to find the answers.

I am Jailbroken (Greenpoison VZW 4.2.6) and am debating whether to give iOS5 a try tomorrow. I just have a few questions for those of you out there who have already installed iOS5 either in Beta or Gold Master form:

1.) E-mail Notifications - can you set separate ringtones if you have multiple e-mail accounts?

2.) Text Notifications - do you have the ability to add custom Notification tones as you currently can with custom Ringtones?

3.) Profiles - can you set profiles such as "phone-only" mode or "nighttime" mode?

Thanks in advance!

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
1. You can only change the "New Mail & Sent Mail" tone.

2. You can add a ringtone fine and set your text tones as that.
-or-
You can jailbreak.

3. No, You'd have to jailbreak. They have a tweak for that.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. You can only change the "New Mail & Sent Mail" tone.

2. You can add a ringtone fine and set your text tones as that.
-or-
You can jailbreak.

3. No, You'd have to jailbreak. They have a tweak for that.

I thought that my post was clear and concise, but apologies if it was not.

I am already Jailbroken and enjoy all the features that I mentioned in my original post. I am wondering if iOS5 has added any of these functions.

If not, then I will stick with my jailbreak for now.

Thanks!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I thought that my post was clear and concise, but apologies if it was not.

I am already Jailbroken and enjoy all the features that I mentioned in my original post. I am wondering if iOS5 has added any of these functions.

If not, then I will stick with my jailbreak for now.

Thanks!

If this helps ios5 only eliminates the jailbreak apps Wifi Sync. There are no other features that were previous jailbreak apps. Hope this helps

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not true, Mustang. With iOS 4.x you had to jailbreak for custom mail and text sounds and iOS 5 will do that for you. ToneFX is now obsolete.

Reactions: tourstagefan

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Not true, Mustang. With iOS 4.x you had to jailbreak for custom mail and text sounds and iOS 5 will do that for you. ToneFX is now obsolete.

True, you got me on that one. So BiteSMS custom sms tones no more, ToneFX, Wifi Sync. Alot of people not on ios5 think Lockinfo is obsolete but its not.

Alli I just found this out if you haven't already. You can now call, text, listen to voicemails from the lockscreen with the notification center alert pop ups. Just swipe from left to right on the pop up and it immediately dials the number or goes into the text app or straight to your voicemail.

Reactions: tourstagefan

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You can now call, text, listen to voicemails from the lockscreen with the notification center alert pop ups. Just swipe from left to right on the pop up and it immediately dials the number or goes into the text app or straight to your voicemail.

correct, but unfortunately this can only be achieved once on the lockscreen. meaning, as soon as you unlock the device you'll no longer have that option, on the lockscreen. which already makes LI that much better. but because i like the native look and feel of the OS version i am going to stay with it. i have my fingers crossed that there will be a jailbreak tweak that will allow for the NC to be activated anytime while in lockscreen mode. this plus some sort of statusbar indicator will make it an even better system

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll