I only have two devices to test on and neither one I'm comfortable with upgrading to iOS 5 beta. Should I just wait till iOS 5 releases before addressing issues? How are other indie developers anticipating the new release?
    09-13-2011 07:07 PM
    Just use the iOS 5 sdk and rework your apps. What's there to be afraid of? You have two.
    Premium1 likes this.
    09-13-2011 07:47 PM
    Use TestFlight and get a bunch of people who are anxious to take the new os for a spin test your app. They'll fall all over themselves for the opportunity.
    09-13-2011 11:32 PM
    Don't believe everything you hear about iOS 5. On beta 7, I have 1 app out of 96 that crashes when I try to do something. That's not to say everything is iOS 5 compatible, but I'd say that's pretty good. Also, the OS is extremely stable. Aside from some music app issues (which are stated in the release notes), I really haven't had any problems.

Alli is right, though. TestFlight is a great way to test apps, and it's free. PM me if you'd like, I'd be glad to help you out.
    09-14-2011 09:35 AM
    The Beta has been really stable for me since B1!

It's B7 now, it's practically GM. Get testing. If you're that scared, buy a 3rd gen iPod touch off someone on kijiji for $100 (to help test for backwards compatibility) and use that. The Beta is really stable though, you have nothing to worry about.
    09-14-2011 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD