How are indie developers testing iOS 5?

mrnewell

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I only have two devices to test on and neither one I'm comfortable with upgrading to iOS 5 beta. Should I just wait till iOS 5 releases before addressing issues? How are other indie developers anticipating the new release?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Use TestFlight and get a bunch of people who are anxious to take the new os for a spin test your app. They'll fall all over themselves for the opportunity.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't believe everything you hear about iOS 5. On beta 7, I have 1 app out of 96 that crashes when I try to do something. That's not to say everything is iOS 5 compatible, but I'd say that's pretty good. Also, the OS is extremely stable. Aside from some music app issues (which are stated in the release notes), I really haven't had any problems.

Alli is right, though. TestFlight is a great way to test apps, and it's free. PM me if you'd like, I'd be glad to help you out.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The Beta has been really stable for me since B1!

It's B7 now, it's practically GM. Get testing. If you're that scared, buy a 3rd gen iPod touch off someone on kijiji for $100 (to help test for backwards compatibility) and use that. The Beta is really stable though, you have nothing to worry about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2