Better notifications
File system access
Independent sms tones and email tones
multiple email signatures
Wireless sync with ALL iTunes, iLife and iWork content
Individual sound volumes
Disk mode
Mark all as read option in mail
Delete all option in mail (not just deleted items)
Snooze calendar
Different profile support
Delete all option in SMS
Outlook rules support in exchange
Outlook folder support
Better playback control in iPod app while in landscape
Individual incoming/outgoing call delete option instead of just clear all

I know that jailbreaking can do some of this, but I find the jailbreak packages to be rather ugly, unpolished and at times unstable. Lockinfo is ugly (reminds me of windows mobile 5, 6, and 6.5), mobile notifier is very intrusive (even latest version), and it just never has that Apple polish. I also update immediately to the latest version of iOS and don't have the patience for the jailbreak community to crack the latest version.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Notification system. I'd want to access it at ALL times. Don't want to lock my device or go home and swipe to the left or tap on an application icon. I really like androids but I don't like that you can't clear a single one with out taping on it and launching the program.

Widgets. They don't have to be used but they are nice for quick glances and such.

Theme support. Would it be nice if apple allowed you to change the color of the bar and such? Nothing too crazy and they could have themes in the app store.

Tap and hold for more options. I LOVE this in android. You tap and hold and you get more options.

More sharing services. I want to share the photo I just took with flickr or Facebook. Sure I can go in the app, but wouldn't it be nice if I can select multiple photos and share them all at once right from the photo app? Not just photos but anything I could share.

Tweaked UI. Don't get me wrong. The iOs UI is a great one, but it's starting to fell a bit dated. Dontndo a major tweak, but a small one would do wonders.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything said above. I think we'll see a slight UI tweak, as I'm expecting at least the iPad's grey safari to come over to the iPhone. Plus with the slight redesign of Apple's website... I'm expecting a change in this department, even if it's slight.

I saw ghostface's list and thought it was enormous, but when I read it I realized it's really not asking that much, haha. All of it would be simple and awesome additions.

I just really, really, REALLY want improved notifications lol. If we don't get that, or at least the promise of it down the road, then boy oh boy the you know what's gonna hit the fan.

EDIT: I want this!!!!! TechCrunch: IOS5 - real or fake?

Last edited:

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well as ghostface's list may be enormous, this is a new step in the iOS, not just an update, so there should be a small compendium of updates and features that we may not notice right off the bat. (At least that's what I'm thinking anyways...)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps the (crossing fingers) new notification system is best if it's a hybrid. If my battery is low, yeah I think that warrants a full screen notification.

I am curious on what you people think an iOS UI overhaul, while minor, would consist of? I don't think they'll change the 4 x 4 grid layout.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Here's my list:

Better notifications

Snipped out what I liked from ghostface's list... :D It would be nice if iOS would finally allow for the freedom of using any ring/txt/email tone that's available out there, too. It's the ONLY thing I miss from my old phones.

Last edited:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's my list:

Better notifications
File system access
Individual sound volumes
Disk mode
Mark all as read option in mail
Delete all option in mail (not just deleted items)
Snooze calendar
Different profile support
Delete all option in SMS
Outlook rules support in exchange
Outlook folder support
Better playback control in iPod app while in landscape
Individual incoming/outgoing call delete option instead of just clear all

I know that jailbreaking can do some of this, but I find the jailbreak packages to be rather ugly, unpolished and at times unstable. Lockinfo is ugly (reminds me of windows mobile 5, 6, and 6.5), mobile notifier is very intrusive (even latest version), and it just never has that Apple polish. I also update immediately to the latest version of iOS and don't have the patience for the jailbreak community to crack the latest version.

All that plus widgets. Oh and I want icloud to sync iOS game data.

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Better notification system, quick compose/reply for SMS app, some sort of settings widgets (like SBSettings provides), and some sort of widget system (different from android) would be nice.

Solubleapps

Feb 5, 2011
Www.solubleapps.com
I'd like to see wireless data sharing between the iPhone and iPad versions of apps most of all. I know from our "MailShot" support lines that a fair few of our users would like this so they could edit the email groups they create on either device.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the (crossing fingers) new notification system is best if it's a hybrid. If my battery is low, yeah I think that warrants a full screen notification.

I am curious on what you people think an iOS UI overhaul, while minor, would consist of? I don't think they'll change the 4 x 4 grid layout.

Nah, I bet most stuff will stay the same, but it'll be little things, like the grey iPad Safari coming to the iPhone, and i bet the general UI color could change, from the blue to something that goes alone a bit better with the new changes to Apple's own website, such as the black navigation bar and the touch of grainy textures added to the background and the nav bar. I could see this being ported over to iOS5 easily.

Shadowlore

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My wishlist is simple:

1.) Ability to make new albums for organizing photos.. ON THE DEVICE.
2.) Email client that allows me to load images per message, or sender, instead of the all or none route.
3.) Ability to edit MP3 tags on the device, and IF I update the tags on the PC, have it auto-update the ones on the device. (Nothing I hate more than properly configuring my ID3 tags with artwork and such, only to have to fully delete them on the device just to update said ID3 info.
4.) As mentioned above... user definable dictionary. Autocorrect has murdered SOO many words.
5.) Wireless sync... from my PC/Mac to Itunes if the devices are on the same WiFi, as well as across the 'Cloud'.
6.) Sorting playlists and audiotracks via portions of the tag OTHER than Artist/Genre/Album... I've done some DJing at a few weddings, and I'd like to be able to bring up something from the 60s and 70s when requested.

Truthfully? (and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this) if I could merge the Xoom I use for work and the iPad2 I use for personal use.. it'd be the perfect device... on their own they each have glaring flaws.. but together, I can't really think of 1 fault the other can't make up for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2