Spam emails: 'block unwanted senders' OR 'junk'??

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Guys,
I'm not sure what to do... with spam emails.

• 'Block this Contact'
AND/OR
• 'Move to Junk'

In both cases the spam just seem to get through, the next time I get any... very strange.:sarcastic:

Can some1 tell me what's the advantage of one option over the other, and if they also experience issues with spam still coming through?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Good question- I always struggle with this as well. It's always frustrating, and I'm not convinced either method is really effective, but when possible, I do both. What email are you using?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For a gmail account, moving the message to spam is a very effective method of training the spam filter going forward. I'm not sure that the same is true for other mail systems, and I don't think that the iOS Mail app has a spam filter of any kind, yet. So, I would think block the contact is the better choice if your mail service provider doesn't have a robust, trainable spam filter that is trained by moving messages to the junk/spam folder.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried using the new feature in Mail to block spam mail. It doesn't really work. One problem is they come right back, using a different email address. It's like spam callers using different numbers.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have always found the Mail app excellent at junk picking. But recently I found that it had decided to put all Amazon communications into Junk However it is very easy to train.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I have always found the Mail app excellent at junk picking. But recently I found that it had decided to put all Amazon communications into Junk However it is very easy to train.

How do you train it to stop sending messages to junk. I also for some reason have incoming messages sent to failed

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you train it to stop sending messages to junk. I also for some reason have incoming messages sent to failed

If I have people or businesses that I want on my Inbox, I add them to my contacts. Also, try moving the email from junk to the Inbox. Might have to do it several times. Also, include all email addresses used, especially by businesses. I have 4 different email addresses for my bank's contact card.
For really important emails, you might use the VIP option. You can get separate notifications for VIP, and they show in the Inbox. But add them to Contacts.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll