Shortcut Automations

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Is it normal for Shortcut Automations to show a prompt on the notification shade to run? I figured that Shortcut Automations would be, you know... automatic.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I remember reading that people on Beta's were having issues with Shortcut automation running automatically. Also, I think it might depend on how each Shortcut is set up.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I do not. Hopefully, someone will come along who does.

Who wrote the shortcut that is giving you trouble? Have you tried contacting them for assistance?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I wrote it.

I'm trying to make an automation that does something when I enter into a specific vicinity. Like for instance, when I go somewhere like work; launch an app to ready it and put the phone into Do Not Disturb mode.

lonestar1135

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
Jumping over from AC to ask for my wife's phone. This seems like a major fault that she has to agree to run a shortcut she already set. Like a prompt coming up when you plug your phone in... "Are you sure you want to charge?"

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if you have heard of Matt Cassinelli? He was on the iMore show a couple of weeks ago. He's an expert at Shortcuts. He used to work at Workflow, which Apple bought, and turned into the Shortcuts app. He's got a new show on TWit TV with Mikah Sargent, who worked for iMore for some time. You might be able to connect with him for some advice. He's also recently shared 150 Siri Shortcuts that he wrote. This is a link to his website. Perhaps if you can connect with him, he might be able to answer your question.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Jumping over from AC to ask for my wife's phone. This seems like a major fault that she has to agree to run a shortcut she already set. Like a prompt coming up when you plug your phone in... "Are you sure you want to charge?"

I just wanted to say hello and welcome!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77