How many of you retain the default layout of the initial home screen?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recall reading about how some people didn't like re-arranging the initial home screen on their devices. Some of those people felt that leaving the initial screen as-is is paying homage to the identity of the iPhone.

I'm definitely not one of them because if I don't use the app, I don't want it on my device. Besides, I like keeping my 'most used' apps on my initial screen.

What about you? Do you maintain the default layout of the initial home screen or do you arrange it to suit your specific likes/needs?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
About the only thing I get OCD about. Have my home screen laid out alphabetically. Second page are groups of apps (games,social, work, etc), groups are alphabetical, and apps in each of those groups are alphabetical, third page are individual apps I don’t have categorized. Yup, alphabetical order.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely not part of that initial home screen crowd, not even close...LOL. My most used apps occupy the first and second pages.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I’m definitely not one of those who keeps the default homescreen layout. That’s one of the first things I change!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I always change mine because I hate all those apps on my first page. I tend to keep that page blank ...wish I could hide the dock too but whatever

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Nope, not me. I hate apps on the first page and it has to be blank with with just the dock since I can’t change that. Then most used apps on 2nd and folders on 3rd.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m a mix of both! My most used apps share the first page with iTunes, App store, and settings. Weather apps dominate 2nd page with other frequently used apps. My 3rd page is organized by subject matter and the 4th page consists of folders organized by themes. I have a ton of apps and try and purge from time to time.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My most used apps are on the main screen. I'd not have any apps or any folders on any screen if I could, though.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Most used app in page 1, others in page 2 - foldered

Recently I kinda miss the swiping unlock thing. Feels classy. Too bad it’s gone

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have my most used apps on the home page, with one space empty so nothing escapes to the next page when I move things around. What I would like to do is to delete the pointless widget thingys on the very first page ....

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My first page is pretty stock. The second page starts with my most used apps and the preceding pages are organized by folders.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Most used on the first page. Less used on the 2nd page. Then I have a folder called “useless crap” on the 3rd page.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I keep my custom home screen the same since my i5 i5s and SE but when I got my X I found that I had a whole bottom row to fill but with the top minds in the world working on it Day and night the dilemma was solved.

Seriously my first two pages are set up for my daily use and the last two are disorganized

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use a lot of folders to keep apps separated in themes or catagories. The only stand alone original stock apps I have on my main screen are settings, mail, and clock. Every time I try to do it differently, I revert back to folders.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I keep my most used apps on the home screen. My secondary apps on the next screen. I don’t care for folders. I have just one folder for extras. I don’t use a lot of apps. If it’s something I haven’t used in awhile it’s gone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77