At last an app to see the screen of a distant iPad or iPhone for support !!!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Now you can help distant people with this app by viewing there iOS screen on your iPad and guide them to do something or see what problem there talking about !

Note: you need to be on iOS 11 on the distant iOS device.

The app is free and called "QuickSupport" from TeamViewer !
The distant iOS will run the QuickSupport and the local one will run TeamViewer app.

This is fantastic to support your family members and friends that are not power user on iOS !

TeamViewer QuickSupport par TeamViewerhttps://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/teamviewer-quicksupport/id661649585?l=fr&mt=8

TeamViewer: Remote Control par TeamViewerhttps://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/teamviewer-remote-control/id692035811?l=fr&mt=

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Very nice. I’m going to have to test it out, and hopefully, soon. Thank you for the review.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Neato! Man this would've come in handy for me because just today I was on the phone with my mom trying to walk her through her iPhone to figure out what she was trying to do but she had a hard time conveying what screen she was on. Thanks for sharing!!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
To sum up here is how the Quicksupport app work:
it run the screen recording on the distant iOS device and stream it live to the TeamViewer app on the local iOS device !

So the tricky part is to explain to none techno people to start the screen recording on their device... because iOS 11 do not put the recording bouton by default in the control Center... so you got to explain to them how to put it on the control Center....

So I strongly suggest that when you are with the people you often support for their iOS device. Put the recording bouton in the control Center yourself ! And Install the QuickSupport app and also maybe show them how to use the app.

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Of course you use this only with people you trusted !
That’s why QuickSupport does not start the screen recording automatically. The distant user got to do it himself !

That's not what was asked.

Once the session has begun between two trusted individuals, what private information of ours can you see on your servers. Can you see the serial numbers, IMEI, MEID, contacts list etc. etc. etc. on our phones? Does this information pass through your servers where your company can see it? Is that information stored on your servers?

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well Sherry_B you can ask this question for many other app's...

First TeamViewer is a well known company of remote control use on more then a billion computers and devices ! It’s a German company I believe.

Second for Apple, security is very very important so I don’t think it would let pass this app if they were a security problem. In fact they even allow Quicksupport to appear directly in the screen recorder menu!

I use and trust TeamViewer for years and I trust Apple for my security for all the App's they allow in the App Store!

It’s a question of trust. You do or you don’t.

I do trust Apple !

I would never use such an app found on an obscure website...

Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
That's not what was asked.

Once the session has begun between two trusted individuals, what private information of ours can you see on your servers. Can you see the serial numbers, IMEI, MEID, contacts list etc. etc. etc. on our phones? Does this information pass through your servers where your company can see it? Is that information stored on your servers?

Exactly!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Well Sherry_B you can ask this question for many other app's...

First TeamViewer is a well known company of remote control use on more then a billion computers and devices ! It’s a German company I believe.

Second for Apple, security is very very important so I don’t think it would let pass this app if they were a security problem. In fact they even allow Quicksupport to appear directly in the screen recorder menu!

I use and trust TeamViewer for years and I trust Apple for my security for all the App's they allow in the App Store!

It’s a question of trust. You do or you don’t.

I do trust Apple !

I would never use such an app found on an obscure website...

Well, the iOS Accuweather app was found to be spying on people without their permission. So, it happens.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, the iOS Accuweather app was found to be spying on people without their permission. So, it happens.

Yeah and they got caught !

Ok let us close our tablet, phone and computer and do nothing...
just to be safe...

Pretty boring...

162dc4281f0e5cf2d4be6e4ab6de4fc2.jpg

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Based on your reply this is not your app, which is probably why you did not answer the question. If you are not the app developer, then you cannot confirm or deny whether or not they store anything from the phones on their servers.

A two second Google search about TeamViewer will tell you all you need to know.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Based on your reply this is not your app, which is probably why you did not answer the question. If you are not the app developer, then you cannot confirm or deny whether or not they store anything from the phones on their servers.

A two second Google search about TeamViewer will tell you all you need to know.

If you know something about TeamViewer app's just say it...!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77