how to hide apps on ios11

haider1

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
in iOS 10, i used to hide apps by moving them to a full screen, making a folder and then moving them down to the dock. the app used to remain hidden from sight till phone was restarted. but in iOS 11 this little trick doesn't work any more. any ideas how to hide certain apps from prying eyes and hands?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Patiently waiting...

Do you mean you made them vanish from the screen? Do you refer to stock apps? I know there was a trick to make stock apps disappear. Maybe it no longer works in iOS 11. Like nested folders, Apple is good about taking away little tricks we use.

iDrizzy01

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you mean you made them vanish from the screen? Do you refer to stock apps? I know there was a trick to make stock apps disappear. Maybe it no longer works in iOS 11. Like nested folders, Apple is good about taking away little tricks we use.

I was hoping someone would say something about how to hide apps. I need it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you put a folder in the dock where it won't be seen? I have 2 in my dock, and they are clear as day. Am I missing something? I'm on iOS 10.1.1.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
in iOS 10, i used to hide apps by moving them to a full screen, making a folder and then moving them down to the dock. the app used to remain hidden from sight till phone was restarted. but in iOS 11 this little trick doesn't work any more. any ideas how to hide certain apps from prying eyes and hands?

Can you explain what you used to do that no longer works? You said you moved apps to a full screen, then created a folder and moved it to the dock. How does that hide anything? Am I missing something?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2