RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
iPhone X glitch?
4743c1e09c4ef91368bae60863368d2c.jpg

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
might be time for a restore as NEW for me even though it probably won't help. Serious drainage for some reason, iP7+. Checked rogue apps, hard resets, reboots, cache, location services off, background app refresh off, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stop the madness!!!!
Down 12% in 2 hours fully charged this morning; doing barely anything. ughhhhhh

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, so my screen likes to shift to landscape and back to portrait on unlock. Also my power button and camera are heat up drastically and far too quickly with Pokémon Go, I’m assuming it’s GPS related.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
might be time for a restore as NEW for me even though it probably won't help. Serious drainage for some reason, iP7+. Checked rogue apps, hard resets, reboots, cache, location services off, background app refresh off, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stop the madness!!!!
Down 12% in 2 hours fully charged this morning; doing barely anything. ughhhhhh

Yep, you might as well start completely over. Put the device in DFU mode, then restore it via iTunes. iTunes will install a fresh full copy of the latest iOS version. After that, set it up as new and then go through each and every setting therein. Don’t forget to jot down your iTunes & App Store passcode as well as your Wi-Fi passcode beforehand.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yep, you might as well start completely over. Put the device in DFU mode, then restore it via iTunes. iTunes will install a fresh full copy of the latest iOS version. After that, set it up as new and then go through each and every setting therein. Don’t forget to jot down your iTunes & App Store passcode as well as your Wi-Fi passcode beforehand.

In addition to above, take screenshots of your home screens and the folders there in. That way it will be easier to arrange your home screen icons and folders the way it was before the restore.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

...and be prepared for battery to be low the first day or two as the phone finishes background Spotlight/Siri indexing of data (and other background processes that happen post-setup). The worst thing to do is decide after a few hours or even one day that the battery is no better and do the same thing again, forcing the same battery drain to the post-setup re-indexing, etc.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Yet it’s something that’s very real.

And I suppose my phone is still “indexing” two and a half weeks later to explain my awful, awful battery life?

I have done every trick in the book to improve it and nothing works. It drains twice as fast as iOS 10.

rubbish battery life comes from rubbish production and refinement of software. Period.

Let’s hope they fix it in iOS 11

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
And I suppose my phone is still “indexing” two and a half weeks later to explain my awful, awful battery life?
I didn’t say such thing. I merely stated indexing is a real thing and battery life is very bad up to 48 hours (depending on your circumstances) after updating iOS.

I have done every trick in the book to improve it and nothing works. It drains twice as fast as iOS 10.
I am sorry this is happening to you and except for advising you to restore as new, there is not much I can think of at the moment.
Ps: I am well aware that this is not something you want to hear, so please take notice that I don’t advise that lightly.

rubbish battery life comes from rubbish production and refinement of software. Period.

Let’s hope they fix it in iOS 11

I would agree with you if this was such a widespread issue that most iOS 11 users suffered from, but nothing so far indicates such thing.

That’s why I will not agree with you that iOS 11.0.1 is rubbish.

It looks like an isolated issue to me.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

While I'm not saying that iOS 11 doesn't have battery issues - I think that it does - read what I wrote above again. I said if somebody rebuilds his phone from scratch, he shouldn't decide that day or the next day that battery hasn't improved from that change. I didn't say anything about two weeks. I didn't say it would return to the same battery performance as iOS 10. I didn't even say that it would get better than it was after the in-place version upgrade. Still, rebuilding a phone from scratch (not restoring a backup) is one of those tricks in the book that you reference. If you did that already, I know I'm sorry to hear that it's still bad for you. If you haven't tried it yet, maybe that's your next step?

(And, yeah, there is evidence that it drains twice as fast: See iOS 11 is draining iPhone and iPad batteries more than twice as fast as iOS 10 – BGR )

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

In addition to above, take screenshots of your home screens and the folders there in. That way it will be easier to arrange your home screen icons and folders the way it was before the restore.

All redone and reset 2 days ago. Battery life has been restored greatly.

I’m sitting this one out for the moment.

Yep. Not updating now. I’m off this crazy train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77