So...anybody else here using Verizon for their provider getting Visual Voicemail transcription with iOS11? It's a huge item for me since I receive TONS of calls & voicemails a day.

I've searched, and there's seemingly no way to manually toggle it on. Either something I'm missing...or Verizon hasn't come to the party yet.
    09-20-2017 09:52 AM
  2. shultgre said: Best Answer

I had the same problem. I am with AT&T and have an iPhone 6s, so that may make a difference. I typically turn Suri functions off because it drains the battery. After upgrading to IOS 11 I tried everything that I saw on the forums such as: Airplane mode on/off, reset, reset of ntwk settings. None of these worked. The key I found is to go to Settings> Suri & Search >turn on "Press Home for Siri". Then do a reset (hold home button and on/off button at the same time for 10 seconds). Once I did this, the visual voice mail worked again for me.

BTW, I went back in to the Siri & Search and turned that funtion off again. Visual voice mail still works...........Hope this helps you.
    Maybe the app requires an iOS 11 update?
    09-20-2017 11:31 AM
    I'm pretty sure that I've had VVM transcription for quite a while on Verizon on my 6s - it happened on iOS 10 IIRC. I received a voice mail last night while I was driving (unlike you, I hardly ever get calls, so don't get many voicemails; so, a lucky chance) and it was definitely transcribed. All of the voicemails on my phone now are transcribed, going back to April, FWIW.

Transcription requires an iPhone 6s/6s+ or later, FWIW. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207181
    kam2958 likes this.
    09-20-2017 11:48 AM
    So...anybody else here using Verizon for their provider getting Visual Voicemail transcription with iOS11? It's a huge item for me since I receive TONS of calls & voicemails a day.

I've searched, and there's seemingly no way to manually toggle it on. Either something I'm missing...or Verizon hasn't come to the party yet.
    I don’t see VVM on my iPhone 7 on iOS 11. Just see a button labeled “call voicemail.” Not liking that!
    09-20-2017 12:04 PM
    I had this problem also. i just did a hard reset on my 7+ (volume down + power button at the same time for 10 seconds. phone shuts down. wait a few seconds and power it back on)
    my voicemails came back after i restarted the phone
    09-20-2017 12:42 PM
    09-20-2017 12:43 PM
    I have this same issue & I think it was a beta with iOS 10. Not sure it’s available in 11, which is extremely annoying!!
    09-20-2017 01:50 PM
    I had this problem also. i just did a hard reset on my 7+ (volume down + power button at the same time for 10 seconds. phone shuts down. wait a few seconds and power it back on)
    my voicemails came back after i restarted the phone
    I think the OP is referring to the transcription, not the actual voicemail.
    09-20-2017 01:51 PM
    I had this problem yesterday after upgrading. Instead of visual voicemail, it just offered me to dial the voicemail number. I restarted the phone and it went back to normal. I just confirmed with a test message that transcription is working too.
    09-20-2017 01:52 PM
    I had this problem yesterday after upgrading. Instead of visual voicemail, it just offered me to dial the voicemail number. I restarted the phone and it went back to normal. I just confirmed with a test message that transcription is working too.
    I have nothing just voicemails that I’ll probably never listen to. Transcription is very convenient & I’ve gotten so use to reading my messages, since I’ve never been one to actually listen to them lol
    09-20-2017 02:03 PM
    Ah ok, and yes the program I am suggesting DOES have transcription but only at the professional level, which is a pay service. So if Verizon provides this for free go with Verizon!
    09-20-2017 02:07 PM
    Same here; TMobile IOS 11 ; no VVM; annoying; is there a fix? already re-booted twice
    09-20-2017 03:36 PM
    I spent 2-hours in my VZW store...where, btw every rep had VVM working on their iPhones...and spoke to two VZW senior tech support people, and two Apple support people...and did 10-12 hard resets on my phone before I left...and accomplished NOTHING. So I went home and called the Apple service rep " Maegan" who (to her credit, she was sweet & patient...did all she could) waited while I backed up, wiped & installed a fresh iOS11 onto my iPhone. Guess what...I still got no VVM!! I am a long way from being happy tonight.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-20-2017 09:04 PM
    I spent 2-hours in my VZW store...where, btw every rep had VVM working on their iPhones...and spoke to two VZW senior tech support people, and two Apple support people...and did 10-12 hard resets on my phone before I left...and accomplished NOTHING. So I went home and called the Apple service rep " Maegan" who (to her credit, she was sweet & patient...did all she could) waited while I backed up, wiped & installed a fresh iOS11 onto my iPhone. Guess what...I still got no VVM!! I am a long way from being happy tonight.
    I just got a carrier update. I wonder if it has anything to do with your voicemail issue.
    09-20-2017 09:09 PM
    I just got a carrier update. I wonder if it has anything to do with your voicemail issue.
    Nope, at least not for me anyway. I was asked to do the carrier update during my OS11 install today as well, and loaded it.
    09-20-2017 09:27 PM
    You may want to call VZW and have them check the details of your account. I did that last night and they said that my VVM was not turned on. The rep turned it on and I have my VVM back! This happened to me before where the VZW system randomly turned my VVM off.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-21-2017 02:35 PM
    You may want to call VZW and have them check the details of your account. I did that last night and they said that my VVM was not turned on. The rep turned it on and I have my VVM back! This happened to me before where the VZW system randomly turned my VVM off.
    Just got off the phone with yet another VZW tech dude "Jeremy" who, although he was exceptionally nice...did nothing at all for me.

I am still not recieving visual transcription of my voicemails...BUT now they are showing up in my Messages application. Seriously.

I am going to call "Meagan" at Apple Support tomorrow like she invited me to and see what Round 3 of this continuing saga brings.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez...!!
    09-21-2017 06:29 PM
    Just got off the phone with yet another VZW tech dude "Jeremy" who, although he was exceptionally nice...did nothing at all for me.

I am still not recieving visual transcription of my voicemails...BUT now they are showing up in my Messages application. Seriously.

I am going to call "Meagan" at Apple Support tomorrow like she invited me to and see what Round 3 of this continuing saga brings.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez...!!
    Wow! Keep us posted
    09-21-2017 06:33 PM
    I had the same problem. I am with AT&T and have an iPhone 6s, so that may make a difference. I typically turn Suri functions off because it drains the battery. After upgrading to IOS 11 I tried everything that I saw on the forums such as: Airplane mode on/off, reset, reset of ntwk settings. None of these worked. The key I found is to go to Settings> Suri & Search >turn on "Press Home for Siri". Then do a reset (hold home button and on/off button at the same time for 10 seconds). Once I did this, the visual voice mail worked again for me.

BTW, I went back in to the Siri & Search and turned that funtion off again. Visual voice mail still works...........Hope this helps you.
    09-21-2017 08:24 PM
    Ok, that's a feature of premium visual voicemail at Verizon, or the voicemail to text feature, both of which costs $2.99/month, and which you do NOT need. You just need the free "iPhone Visual Voicemail" feature on your plan.

See http://forums.imore.com/e?link=http%...token=r-8ca7hi

I am getting VVM on Verizon, and it comes with transcriptions, and I don't pay $2.99/month.

Are you prepaid Verizon, or do you have a normal Verizon postpaid plan, BTW? I have postpaid, and I wonder if things are different for prepaid?
    09-21-2017 08:49 PM
    I’ve had this issue happen to me with every beta build of iOS11 I received. I literally just call my voicemail, put in my PIN, listen to the first one, hang up, and it activates VVM.
    09-21-2017 10:48 PM
    Same problem here. Toggled things off and on. Checked my network connections. Reset network connections. Hard reset. Nothing is working to fix this problem. Not a happy camper!
    09-21-2017 10:50 PM
    Same problem here. Toggled things off and on. Checked my network connections. Reset network connections. Hard reset. Nothing is working to fix this problem. Not a happy camper!
    Ok. I kept toggling airplane mode. I went to Siri and toggled the home button for Siri off and on. I called and left a message. Still nothing. Repeated the same steps again and now visual voicemail is back.

Freaking bizarre!
    09-21-2017 11:06 PM
    Try calling your voicemail and going into settings and activating expert mode, turned my vvm back on.
    09-23-2017 06:49 PM

I'm with Verizon (iPhone 7) and this WORKED! I usually have Siri off as well, for battery life (plus I just have not been able to get her to ever understand anything I'm actually trying to say, despite the fact that as far as I know I have no accent whatsoever). That aside, after iOS 11 update my voicemail transcripts disappeared, and after using the quoted method just now it's back! Weird that it would be the Siri toggle, but whatever works...Thanks so much for this tip!
    pkcable likes this.
    09-26-2017 01:00 PM
31 12