Signal bar on iOS 11

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For the short time I had iOS 11 (beta 1) on my iPhone it didn't really bother me, but a couple of my wallpapers with designs in the status bar did fit better.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Meh, doesn't really matter to me. 😃 As long as I can easily see how strong my signal is, I'm happy. Bars, Dots or even a dBm number would be fine. I think keeping the dots would be better though. Makes it feel more IOS and less like Android.

Brian Embry

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if Android and iOS keep slowly resembling each other. Both companies can learn from each other. An answer to your question though is that I really care not what my signal status looks like. As long as I understand what I am looking at...

vanko987

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
I don't mind the bars, but I don't like how it's only 4 bars now. Kind of confusing since I'm so used to having 5 bars/dots

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I don't mind the bars, but I don't like how it's only 4 bars now. Kind of confusing since I'm so used to having 5 bars/dots
Agreed, it's the number of marks that'll be somewhat of a pain to get used to, not their shape. Fortunately I can continue to have my iPhone show dBm numbers (right? they aren't taking that away, are they?) but it doesn't appear to be possible on the iPad. No dialer function even though it's cellular and has its own phone number. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2