High Battery drainage in iOS 10.2 beta 4

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
after waiting for more than a week, we were delighted to install 10.2 beta 4 yesterday but using it more almost 2 days, battery drainage is much higher than beta 3. Even I would say, it is highest among all builds so far. No doubt, beta 4 has solved Health app refreshing issue and lags. I am using iphone 7, whether users of iphone 6s and 7+ are also facing similar battery drainage?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'll take a look today - my usage the last few days has been out of the ordinary. I've been experiencing the battery issue (random shutoffs) and high drain. Hoping today is a good day with battery but I'll report back.

robert

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, Dev Beta 4 is working quite well on my device, and battery life has been on par with the way it normally is. Give it a couple of days or reset all settings.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My 7+ seems to be having good battery on 10.2 beta 4 I am not noticing any unusual battery drain but it's not constantly in my hands :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Most on this OS are not having issues with battery. I would suggest checking all settings and doing a hard reset (reboot). Also check for a rogue app that might be burning the battery. And remember, the big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
My iPod 6 Touch seems to be doing well with battery life on Beta 4 so far. I concur with those saying to reset the settings to see if that fixes things.

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I did resetting of configuration setting on iphone 7. Still compare to beta 3, this build consumes much more battery.