Looking for a new keyboard app

vikrantvm

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I was a happy Fleksy keyboard user, loved it for its minimal interface. It just took up a lot less screen real estate than the regular stock keyboard. Plus I loved the left swipe to delete last word feature. But after upgrading to to iOS 10, the keyboard doesn't perform so well, hangs midway and I get the stock keyboard. I suppose Fleksy just gives up. I read that the Fleksy team went to Pinterest and I haven't got any app updates for months.
All that being said, I think its time for me to move on to a new keyboard app. Any suggestions in line with what Fleksy used to offer are appreciated. Important for me would be a minimal interface and less screen real estate(I'm on 5S) :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since the beginning of iOS 8. It's the smartest keyboard of all. I use predictive, rather than swipe.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since the beginning of iOS 8. It's the smartest keyboard of all. I use predictive, rather than swipe.

I never used a 3rd party keyboard. Do you really find a benefit to using one? Better predictive and auto-correct? Question, once you set it as your keyboard, do you have to change it each time in a message or when using a keyboard or will it stay as default?

Buckeye2009

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I like Swiftkey. I tried the Google's Gboard for a couple months but went back to Swiftkey. I use the swipe option and like the predictive text.

Freak_1988

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I was a happy Fleksy keyboard user, loved it for its minimal interface. It just took up a lot less screen real estate than the regular stock keyboard. Plus I loved the left swipe to delete last word feature. But after upgrading to to iOS 10, the keyboard doesn't perform so well, hangs midway and I get the stock keyboard. I suppose Fleksy just gives up. I read that the Fleksy team went to Pinterest and I haven't got any app updates for months.
All that being said, I think its time for me to move on to a new keyboard app. Any suggestions in line with what Fleksy used to offer are appreciated. Important for me would be a minimal interface and less screen real estate(I'm on 5S) :)

I'd recommend Gboard by google...It offers everything offered in Fleksy & much more... Recently it has become my favourite iPhone keyboard replacing Swifkey.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I typically stick with the stock board but sometimes I like to dabble in the 3rd party region of boards! GBoard was my favorite but I'm digging SwiftKey at the moment.

Love the slide typing!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2