iMessage on iPad, texting on android

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hoping someone might be able to help with a question. I have an iPhone 6s and like the new iMessage features in IOS. However I also had the note 7 and loved it (screen, virtual reality, etc). I returned it due to the battery issues, but want to get it again when it launches.

One big issue for me was how iMessage eats my group texts with friends on iPhones. I also like the new stuff that came with iOS 10 and iMessage. When I had the note I did disable iMessage, and individual texts with iPhone friends worked fine, but ever group text, even one initiated by me, I never got their responses.

So my question....since I have the iPad, is there a way to have iMessage on my iPad, but not interfere with my note 7? And if not, any ideas how to fix the group message issue with iMessage and android. I know I could just use messenger on Facebook, but even then if someone starts a group discussion, they would likely use their messaging app vs another one.

Thanks!!

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hoping someone might be able to help with a question. I have an iPhone 6s and like the new iMessage features in IOS. However I also had the note 7 and loved it (screen, virtual reality, etc). I returned it due to the battery issues, but want to get it again when it launches.

One big issue for me was how iMessage eats my group texts with friends on iPhones. I also like the new stuff that came with iOS 10 and iMessage. When I had the note I did disable iMessage, and individual texts with iPhone friends worked fine, but ever group text, even one initiated by me, I never got their responses.

So my question....since I have the iPad, is there a way to have iMessage on my iPad, but not interfere with my note 7? And if not, any ideas how to fix the group message issue with iMessage and android. I know I could just use messenger on Facebook, but even then if someone starts a group discussion, they would likely use their messaging app vs another one.

Thanks!!
iMessage can be really tricky, especially interfacing with android phones. I believe if you were to use iMessage on your iPad but use your phone number on Android, you get in a really strange spot where texts to you go to your phone but texts to your email address go to your iPad. As a result, your preferences are dictated by the way your friends contact you, which is a pain.

In conclusion, there is not a great solution for these interfaces that work natively with either ecosystem. The obvious workaround is something like Facebook messenger (or some other app all your friends have)

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that was my fear...and it seems worse for people who go back and forth, than just stay on one OS. I wish they would release iMessage in play store like they did music, but music gets revenue and iMessage does not I suppose.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that was my fear...and it seems worse for people who go back and forth, than just stay on one OS. I wish they would release iMessage in play store like they did music, but music gets revenue and iMessage does not I suppose.

I understand, but you can see why Apple does it the way they do. It's like thousands of dollars to completely change ecosystems. There are apps that let you text from your Mac/PC (albeit Pushbullet costs money), but Apple wants you to completely buy into their ecosystem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon