Gold Master

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
So I've installed the gold master...will there be another update when it's released to the public, or is this it? When can I uninstall the beta profile if I no longer want to be part of the beta?

Broodn

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
This is usually it. The Gold master is usually what the public gets a week later as long as no bugs are found in it. Not sure when you can uninstall the beta profile you probably can after the public release.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The GM is usually the public release which will be released next week. If you want to continue receiving betas you'll need the beta profile.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way for someone on the public beta to get the gold master or is it only for devs?

You'll have to delete the beta profile and wait for the GM to be released to the public next week. It's likely the public beta will be patched to the same build as the GM as well, possibly before next week.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to delete the beta profile and wait for the GM to be released to the public next week. It's likely the public beta will be patched to the same build as the GM as well, possibly before next week.

So if we just leave the beta profile installed will we get the public beta patch? I don't think I deleted the profile when I public beta tested iOS 9

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So if we just leave the beta profile installed will we get the public beta patch? I don't think I deleted the profile when I public beta tested iOS 9

Judging from past experience Apple should be pushing out the GM build to public beta testers as they did with the dev beta.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So wait a few days and if by next week it's not pushed to public beta I should delete the profile I guess

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So wait a few days and if by next week it's not pushed to public beta I should delete the profile I guess

If the GM is released to the public and the public beta hasn't seen an update yet you can always remove the beta profile. I really don't think Apple is going to leave the public beta testers hanging with an older build number than the GM though.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If you find the GM out there in the wild and want to restore iOS 10 as new before the public release, here's a few things to consider. If using El Capitan, you must have Xcode installed or else you'll get error 14 and you will have to restore to 9.3.5. If using the latest public beta of Sierra, restore as new and you don't need Xcode to make it work. If you're on windows, tough luck. Mac only at this point.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I'm on public beta 7 and I've removed my beta profile two nights ago as I wish to return to the general public release. Will I get the update when it's released to the public next week?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2