Finally Made the Switch to iOS!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
After using a BlackBerry for the past 5 years I finally gave in and upgraded to an iPhone 4s. Since every other member of my family, three total, has an iPhone I had plenty of chances to play around and ask questions about things I thought I'd miss about my BB. Besides the notification light, I was surprised that I really don't miss a thing. The virtual keyboard is surprisingly accurate, and with Siri, being able to use speech to txt is awesome and a lot quicker than typing. I have said for years that I would never own another "i" device because of Apple's whole proprietary system. Well, I'm here and I can't see myself going back. I had tried a few Android phones, S2 and the S3, but they were just to big and glitchy. I'm happy to say that I love my 4s....best phone I've ever had in my hand. :cool:

Welcome to iMore bgriff!! My story is much like yours. I had been a loyal Blackberry user since '06. I got my iPhone 4S last year because all of my kids had them and I had played around with theirs so I decided to give it a try. I thought I would miss my BB. I was wrong I love the 4S. Enjoy your stay.

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the replies. Well, it's been a week with my 4s and everything is great. I've gotten past the whole notification led, and I love how you can have notifications show in the lock screen and swipe to them from there. I thought I'd miss my keyboard shortcuts and being able to add notes and calendar entries on the fly, but Siri handles that perfectly.

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! My first smartphone was a Blackberry :) I loved those things. I had a few of them, went Android for the longest then finally ventured over to the iPhone.The 4s was my first and man I loved that thing! I just upgraded to a 5 about a week ago and I'm still loving it. :) This is the longest I've stayed with the same "phone" persay. I even converted my fiance. Trust me, when we met they were using an old school hortizontal sliding Nokia. Ah negative Ghostwriter.. Try this HTC for a little bit... oh you like? Have a Samsung Galaxy Note...ooh? ahh? Great now try the iPhone. DON'T FIGHT IT! ....
Now she loves her 4S and now wants an iPad with Retina display and a Macbook Pro... I've created a monster and I don't even own a Macbook! Ok ok so I have an iPad mini but it's doesn't have Retina display! And I gave her my Asus Transformer! :)

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
DON'T FIGHT IT! .... Now she loves her 4S and now wants an iPad with Retina display and a Macbook Pro... I've created a monster and I don't even own a Macbook!

Resistance is futile . . the common feeling around here is that apple products are like gateway drugs; buy one and soon you'll want them all. For apple that's the beauty and genius of their "system".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2