Transcripts coming your way for Debug and Iterate!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
When we launched Debug and Iterate, our podcasts geared towards developers and designers respectively, the goal was to capture the conversations we wished we'd been able to have at the bar just outside Moscone West, just after WWDC sessions closed for the day. Informal yet informative, irreverent yet introspective, we wanted to talk with the people behind the apps we loved, and find out what made them tick.

Yet for all of their advantages, and there are many, podcasts do have a few limitations, the biggest of which is accessibility. After talking with Guy English, Marc Edwards, and Seth Clifford, we decided to go ahead and get transcripts produced. Full disclosure: the way we're doing it isn't cheap, and I'd like to thank Mobile Nations for picking up the tab for it, as they've done for every other aspect of the shows to date. But the benefits are huge -- Debug and Iterate will now be accessible to more people, in more ways.

Because of the time it takes and the costs involved, the plan is to do one or two shows a week. That means we'll be way behind for the foreseeable future, but it also means we'll be able to give some additional attention to previous guests who really deserve it.

We tested the translation service with two of our most popular episodes, Loren Brichter of Letterpress, and Don Melton of WebKit/Safari. I'll be posting Loren's episode soon, and Don's in a day or few.

They'll be long reads in the really long sense of the word, but we think they'll be really good ones for the people who want them. For everyone else, we'll keep producing the audio versions, of course.

Either way, text or talk, if you have any feedback on the shows in general, and on the transcripts in specific, please let us know!

MikhailT

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Huge thanks to everybody who made this possible! I now have two podcasts that I can be a part of. Hope this is a trend to come and maybe something the gov't could fund to help with the transcription costs as part of its accessibility laws.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We'll have another one posted tonight!

I'm going to try and get 2 done a week so we can catch up a little bit.

If you have any favorites you'd like fast tracked, let me know!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77