Hunker Down and Help Each Other

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
To all my iMore friends out there, I know with all the Coronavirus information being put on the internet and media outlets, this is a time when we as Americans and human beings should come together.

I for one am a heart patient and yes I am concerned like everyone else out there. But I listen to what my medical professionals at the VA tell me to do and ride this out.

In the meantime, I check and make sure my neighbors, friends and family are also OK. I make sure they have food and the necessary items to get through this crisis.

Please don’t hoard food or supplies, shop for a week like you normally do and we all will get through this together. We will not go hungry and let the hard working folks in the food and supply chains catch up.

I remember listening to my parents and grandparents talk about living through WW2 and the Great Depression, making sacrifices and they made it through OK as we will to.

It’s times like this that we all should look at ourselves and do the right thing for our fellow human beings and we will all be fine and let the medical professionals do their job.

I know this is difficult subject and time, but I felt compelled to post it. God bless our great nation and we will prevail.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well said, Ron! Perhaps one of the good things about this mess is that we can become more of a community again. Society has become so polarized, and isolated. And while social distancing is important right now, we can still make phone calls, and reach out to one another, offering help, and maybe a friendly voice to those who are alone.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well said, Ron! Perhaps one of the good things about this mess is that we can become more of a community again. Society has become so polarized, and isolated. And while social distancing is important right now, we can still make phone calls, and reach out to one another, offering help, and maybe a friendly voice to those who are alone.

I ordered our weekly groceries using the Kroger app for the first time and I wanted to say what a great job the fine folks are doing there to make things safe, restock so everyone can get food.

I also wanted to send a big thank you to all the first responders, medical folks, truck drivers, postal employees and all the great people who are keeping the country running during these difficult times.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I ordered our weekly groceries using the Kroger app for the first time and I wanted to say what a great job the fine folks are doing there to make things safe, restock so everyone can get food.

I also wanted to send a big thank you to all the first responders, medical folks, truck drivers, postal employees and all the great people who are keeping the country running during these difficult times.

Thank you. I view the Postal Service as the last line of communication if everything shuts down, so hopefully we’ll still be able to work to support our families.

francisbaud1

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Thank you. I view the Postal Service as the last line of communication if everything shuts down, so hopefully we’ll still be able to work to support our families.

I didn't think about it but it's true that the postal service is a very important part of our communication system. I doubt the telephone and internet would shut down completely but we never know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77