Summer Vacation Plans Anyone??

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I figured I would start a thread on what folks are planing for summer vacations this year?

My twin brother and I are looking at taking a motorcycle trip to the UP of Michigan after his cancer treatments have been completed the end of July.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Newp: We are 100% dedicated to puppy training this year. Her Royal Highness Princess Néroli is now 10 months old and man is she strong and powerful, it’s mind boggling. (For example, I threw a stick while playing fetch, she got confused and came back with a whole branch, she doesn’t like closed doors so she goes through them and her idea of “cuddle” could easily be summed up by “resistance is futile”) So we are camping in an RV park close to her training school and training everyday until she is a fully mature dog, which will take quite a while longer. So we’re staying put but having a blast, tbh: when not training, we’re either hiking or playing so really, it could be worse

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have done absolutely nothing this summer. I told myself that I wanted to at least experience getting on an airplane, but I never made it happen. My new goal is by the end of the year. I keep putting it off. Lord help me! Lol!!!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, here it is with Labor Day weekend coming up and the summer winding down and we still haven’t taken a trip this summer.

With my twin brother going through his prostate radiation treatments and other things have come up, the summer just passed us by this year.

We are still hoping to maybe take the motorcycles up north to the Mackinaw bridge for a few days, but that depends on the upcoming weather.

The older you get, the quicker summer seems to fly by. We still go the Florida over the winter and play a lot of golf while we are down there, but you can’t beat the summers here in Michigan. Oh well, already thinking of next year.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I went to Cape May in mid-May, which isn't exactly summer, but still counts. No travels this summer, but we're planning a 4 day trip to Chattanooga this fall.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I went to Cape May in mid-May, which isn't exactly summer, but still counts. No travels this summer, but we're planning a 4 day trip to Chattanooga this fall.

Cape May is nice in the summertime, my brother and I are headed out on the motorcycles for the Labor Day weekend. Just going to ride southern Ohio backroads for three days and wherever we end up, we will just enjoy the ride.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Cape May is nice in the summertime, my brother and I are headed out on the motorcycles for the Labor Day weekend. Just going to ride southern Ohio backroads for three days and wherever we end up, we will just enjoy the ride.

That's awesome! It's going to be a great weather weekend! Are you going near Hocking Hills?

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
My fiancé and I are going to a wedding next weekend, 3 hours away. I’m going to see family while there and visit Top Golf to play golf for the first time. This will be the first trip this summer. Our daughter spent a week in Florida earlier this month.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Took a break from training, hitched up the fifth wheel and took off across Oregon, Washington, Idaho (currently), Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada then back to California. Puppy girl is doing great, we’re hiking everywhere

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Took a break from training, hitched up the fifth wheel and took off across Oregon, Washington, Idaho (currently), Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Nevada then back to California. Puppy girl is doing great, we’re hiking everywhere

Sounds like a great trip, enjoy and post some pictures please.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2