Hey Guys!! Get your Prostate PSA Checked Annually Please

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I know most of you out there think this is not something that would normally be posted on the forums, but I feel this is a very serious topic that most men fail to stay on top of.

In the past year I have learned a lot about prostate cancer since my twin brother Don was diagnosed with it last January. Since then, it has been a long journey that has taught me a lot about this disease.

After having his annual blood test last January and then an additional PSA test and he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The initial shock of being told you had the C word devastated my brother.

This has been a learning experience for both of us and having to watch my brother go through what he has had to endure has taught me a lot about, family, loyalty and life.

So far his treatment has been successful and he should be done with his treatment this July.

I just wanted to share this with the great folks out on the forums and if your a male over 50, please have your PSA checked annually. It may save your life.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I know most of you out there think this is not something that would normally be posted on the forums, but I feel this is a very serious topic that most men fail to stay on top of.

In the past year I have learned a lot about prostate cancer since my twin brother Don was diagnosed with it last January. Since then, it has been a long journey that has taught me a lot about this disease.

After having his annual blood test last January and then an additional PSA test and he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The initial shock of being told you had the C word devastated my brother.

This has been a learning experience for both of us and having to watch my brother go through what he has had to endure has taught me a lot about, family, loyalty and life.

So far his treatment has been successful and he should be done with his treatment this July.

I just wanted to share this with the great folks out on the forums and if your a male over 50, please have your PSA checked annually. It may save your life.

Thank you for sharing this with us! I just reminded my bf that he needs to get checked this year & I’ll also be calling my dad!! Sending prayers to your brother...so glad his treatment is going well

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for sharing this with us! I just reminded my bf that he needs to get checked this year & I’ll also be calling my dad!! Sending prayers to your brother...so glad his treatment is going well

Thank you, his PSA has dropped significantly since the radiation and hormone treatments, so far the doctors are happy with what they see and that’s a good thing. He gets his PSA rechecked in May and we are hoping the news is good.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, his PSA has dropped significantly since the radiation and hormone treatments, so far the doctors are happy with what they see and that’s a good thing. He gets his PSA rechecked in May and we are hoping the news is good.

That’s so awesome

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has a friend who is 32, and he has been battling PC for a few yrs now. He just came out of treatment because it reared it’s ugly headed once AGAIN. Hopefully he will get a clean bill of health when he gets all of his results

So Glad to hear your brother is doing well

Regardless of age, no disease discriminate.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2