What percentage of cyber X-mass shopping?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just curious how much of your Christmas shopping you actually did on-line and how much you actually bought and what sites?

I did about 50 percent of my browsing on-line to get an idea of prices and availability and bought about 15 percent of my gifts from Amazon and eBay which is more than last year.

Local ads sites helped a lot and got me to an actual brick and mortar store but I also found it easy to just click on my PayPal and wait for the package to arrive

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Amazon Prime got WORN out this holiday season...honestly, I think i bought about 85% of the stuff on there and had it brought to me. The only things I really got to the store to pick up were things that I needed to specifically look at before buying (specific toys and what not, a couch for my dad, storage unit for my mom).

I don't particularly care for getting out into the shopping crowds myself, because people, for the most part, completely forget themselves when they're out shopping in that nature. It used to be fun, but now, as inconsiderate as so many have become and the desperation people find themselves in when a "sale" is presented...I just assume click a mouse button and go grab stuff from our front door vs. dealing with that crap.

Not to mention it allows for more quality time with the wife and family when I'm not waiting in line at some big department store.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
99% of mine is done online either before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If I am going near a store or a mall during this ridiculous time of year, it's to return something, or unrelated to the holidays. I will admit that I did some "pick up in store" things with a few items because they weren't available to ship til after the holidays, so since local stores had them we did pick them up, but literally walked in, picked up, walked out, zipped out.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
99% of mine is done online either before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If I am going near a store or a mall during this ridiculous time of year, it's to return something, or unrelated to the holidays. I will admit that I did some "pick up in store" things with a few items because they weren't available to ship til after the holidays, so since local stores had them we did pick them up, but literally walked in, picked up, walked out, zipped out.

This is what I'm striving for next year

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Since the advent of online shopping and all the related sales, I have been successful in almost all my avoidance of holiday shopping in stores. If it's something I want/need to buy IN a store locally, like a shop local thing, that's different. But I worked retail in HS and briefly in college and you could not pay me to go back to normal shopping, and I don't put it off if I can avoid it. Our lists are due to my parents no later than Thanksgiving, usually by Halloween. lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I went out on Christmas Eve to Walmart of all places to try and grab something for my brother because he forgot to get it for my niece...it was an absolute nightmare, and I ended up in a line of 30+ people, with one item in my hand, and they shut down all the express lanes and self check outs because of the hordes of people, and then right when I get about 3 people back, the person who was running our line's register decided to quit, right on the spot...I don't blame them, but I ended up having to stand there while they counted money in the drawer to see if they stole anything. GOOD TIMES! Give me the internet all day over that.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I went out on Christmas Eve to Walmart of all places to try and grab something for my brother because he forgot to get it for my niece...it was an absolute nightmare, and I ended up in a line of 30+ people, with one item in my hand, and they shut down all the express lanes and self check outs because of the hordes of people, and then right when I get about 3 people back, the person who was running our line's register decided to quit, right on the spot...I don't blame them, but I ended up having to stand there while they counted money in the drawer to see if they stole anything. GOOD TIMES! Give me the internet all day over that.

WOW!

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
That's not funny it really happened to you, but it would be funny if it were a scene in a movie or TV show.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2