Feature Phone???

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My grandmother is up for an upgrade next month. I need help helping her pick a new phone. I haven't purchased a non-smartphone since i bought my first iPhone 3G years ago. She doesn't need Internet access but she does text a lot. She's on AT&T, any advice would be appreciated.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Tough decision...especially when they're giving away iPhone 4 for under a buck with new contract.

Looks like the only actual non-data phone they have is the LG 340 flip phone. You can probably find something else on ebay to avoid adding a data plan for her. I got something similar to the Jitterbug for my mother-in-law - it does text and makes phone calls. Doesn't do data, so no worries about adding a data plan.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Any phone having a keyboard requires a data plan. Which is crazy, IMHO. As Alli said above, that LG is probably the only one that AT&T sells that doesn't require a data plan.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
The Pantech Breeze is a flip phone without a QWERTY keypad, but it doesn't require a dataplan. The Breeze Mode is simple, and T9 texting works well.

My mother has one and likes it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77