Apple Announces they are bringing production to the US !!

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Steve cook said today that they will be spending 100M to bring production of one of the Apple products here to the good ole US of A.

Funny this happens a week after I started that thread about Apple coming back and everyone bashing my idea...

They were listening......

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Gee ...a negative comment. Here we go.

Whatever the case may be they ARE in fact bringing some production back here.

Haters WILL be haters ....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not because of you. There is not a milligram of hate in that. Not one. It's a sad place when stating the obvious is seen as 'hate'...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They are bringing the computer manufacturing to the U.S...has nothing to do with the iPhone, which has a STAGGERINGLY higher number of units produced and moved. They are also keeping overseas production of the computers as well, FYI.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I realize that but ... It's the beginning.

I know we will never be the sole manufacturer of there products but its a start in the right direction.

Obviously I know this has nothing to do with my post from last week. I was just saying it was a coincidence.

Good news nevertheless...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I realize that but ... It's the beginning.

I know we will never be the sole manufacturer of there products but its a start in the right direction.

Obviously I know this has nothing to do with my post from last week. I was just saying it was a coincidence.

Good news nevertheless...

Actually, you started this thread to essentially say "SEE! I TOLD YOU SO! NEENER NEENER NEEEEEEEENER!", but that's besides the point. There's no coincidence about it, in fact, people have been reporting "Made in U.S.A." on their iMacs for about a month now, which means this decision was probably made long before the iPhone 5 was even released. Tim Cook is a much more "political" minded person, he plays the game with the government, gives them a welcoming attitude sometimes...Steve Jobs essentially gave them the finger when they went to him about stuff, so it's no surprise that he's stepping into this realm.

As far as this being "good news", don't count your chickens before they hatch...we've yet to see any of the effects, good or bad, from this move. Like i said before in the other thread where you felt everyone was "hating" on you, moving manufacturing to the U.S. comes with a boat load of negatives and some positives, one being increased work for our citizens (which is always a good thing, especially in our economic state right now)...and those jobs are all fine and good until quality starts to lapse or pricing increases, Apple played it safe with the Macbook which is a much smaller market, they can play with numbers without the drastic consumer fall out you would have with the iPhone, iPad or iPod.

And regardless, manufacturing and production is still going to remain overseas as well...I'll just say this, never underestimate the power of business/political handshakes.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just conveyed what I heard on the news.

This forum is a lose lose situation.

So much negativity. I don't get it.

Bunch of whining babies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No reason to make it personal there sport...we're talking like adults (or at least i was), if you can't handle it...you know where the door is. You can assume this is a great move all day long, that's your right and your opinion, and I'll stand by my own as well. I hope this move gives some hard working Americans a job...beyond that, I've seen enough of this to understand when someone is posturing...i hope I'm wrong.

Keep in mind that you brought this up (in the wrong forum mind you, if you check out the Mac forum, it was already posted in there) in retort to your other thread. You wanted to "prove a point" with your comment about how you brought this up and you were bashed and then it happened...unfortunately it had little to do with your point you made about the iPhone and you've essentially taken the story at face value without going into the details, where it even further distances itself from your other thread comment.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, nice editorializing of the title...lol. Keep it as general as possible to make it fit your needs...right? ;)

You'd do well at FOX News or CNN.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My point was pretty straight forward.

Obviously I didn't think Mr Cook read my post.

I was not sneering, seems like your always there to put a negative spin on things.

Your a glass is half empty guy but that's ok.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly, I'm considered overly optimistic by most...but i digress.

Your first post speaks for itself bud, but this seriously isn't a big deal at all, it's a bit boring discussing it with you honestly because you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation of any relevance besides whining about being picked on. Was there a reason you couldn't offer further discussion without playing victim? So what if I don't agree with you or share your opinion...debates are half the fun of online forums.

Zzzzzz...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My point was pretty straight forward.

Obviously I didn't think Mr Cook read my post.

I was not sneering, seems like your always there to put a negative spin on things.

Your a glass is half empty guy but that's ok.

Run, while you still have a chance.LOL:p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77