App Giveaway: GarageBand for iPhone and iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan_Beezy

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I would say that producers like The Neptunes and J Dilla got men into beat making. Nujabes also had an impact on the style of beats I make.

Renatoantelo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Last week, Apple's GarageBand was updated to be a universal application for iPhone and iPad. Also last week, TiPb introduced our new Music, DJ, and Jamming Forum. In celebration of these two event, TiPb is gifting 5 copies of GarageBand for iPhone and iPad!

For a chance to win, all you need to do is tell us which artist inspired you most to get into music.

Ready, set... GO!

$4.99 - [[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garageband/id408709785?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]App Store link[/URL]]
I wanted to be a musician as soon as i heard the first song from my favorite band "Blood on the Dance Floor"

RobinOC

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
As far as wanting to make music there were several sources, electronic music pioneers like Wendy (Walter) Carlos and Beaver and Krauss (who also did the music for the Disneyland Electrical Parade). Another influence was all the Folk music I was exposed to as a kid (as well as opera through my dad listening to Mario Lanza at wall shaking levels). There's classical music that I learned to love through snippets used in Warner Bros cartoons. So I have to say that for me there's no 'one' person/and/composer that was my influence but all the various genre's of music I've been exposed to throughout my life. I'm told that as early as 1 year old I would sit in front of the tv and hum along to any music that was on.

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
For actually playing music, I'd have to say it was Van Halen for me, as I was determined to learn the keyboard solo to "Jump" as well as some of the guitar riffs.

Secarfe

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
What got me listening to more music.

For me it started when i was young. I heard a radio for the first time and i heard many sounds. They sounded beautiful, i wondered what it was, i later found out that those sounds were instruments and my dad showed me more music, but then people with amazing voices were singing with the beautiful instruments. Ever since then, I have been in love with music in strive to find more, and I also love creating music, I'm not good at it, but i try and love it. As for the band that got me listening I'm not sure, it was a group composition of instrumental masterpiece! My favorite group at the moment is one on youtube, called MegaInstrumental that remakes modern songs with just Instruments which is awesome. This is my taste, and everyone has their own.

Thanks,

Secarfe

Last edited:

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
The main reason i got into music in the first place was my dad, now make no mistake I'm not an artist nor can i play an instrument but i am an avid collector and listener of music. I believe it was around 1990 and i was at home trying to sneak and listen to an N.W.A album and my father caught me i thought i would get killed but he made a deal with me, he said ill let you listen as long as you listen to some of my music well i had to agree. He had me listening to Sam Cooke, Elton John, The Beatles some Marvin Gaye some Temptations even some Sinatra well even to this day i have about 60 gigs on iTunes and about 150 gigs of music on my hard drive. I have to say at the time I was not happy but soon enough when i actually started to listen to the lyrics i was hooked now today I listen to anything you can throw at me from Mozart to Pearl Jam. Its was a great lesson to learn and a lesson i try to pass along to my children now.

tiago136

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My inspiration is the Nature. If there is an inventor of Music, that would be the Nature. The birds sing, the wind makes music, and we can find all kind of sound in the nature.

Regards from Portugal (and forgive my bad English).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2